Just to share my experience here

Application received June 29, 2017
Got married Oct 2017
Added Spouse May 2017
Spouse Open work permit Oct 15, 2018
Spouse name added on GC Key Oct 22, 2018
Medical request for me Oct 25, 2018
send a webform to add dependent on Nov 17,2018
IRCC officer contacted me through my email on November 18 asking all details about my daughter and all the forms, send them as an attachement to his email that ends with gc.ca
Added my Daughter November 18, 2018
My daughters Medicals November 19,2018
Passport Request for my dependents wife and daughter since they were still outside canada December 4,2018
FYI, IRCC didnt ask for my passport, instead, i was told to go and do my landing at a CIC office in Fredericton NB.
Landed on December 5, 2018.
Hi Wuntang,

Congratulations on your PR. Could you help with job links with designated employers in New Brunswick, especially for customer service representatives. Thank you.

akcsekar

Aug 18, 2016
hey guys, need your help
my indian passport is about to expire on 29-04-2019 and i currently do not have a valid status in canada as my bridge open work permit was refused due to $100 fee not being payed and i have heard you need atleast 6 months validity on your passport to get the PR temporary visa. anybody has any idea regarding this?
My passport also will be expiring on Jun'19, when I was contacted CIC, they advised to renew the passport and update the renewed passport details through webform, and then once received the PPR, they advised to send new passport with a covering letter.

I got DM today - Jan 11

PS:I have renewed and passport dispatched today.

Reactions: tbajwa

tbajwa

Oct 30, 2018
My passport also will be expiring on Jun'19, when I was contacted CIC, they advised to renew the passport and update the renewed passport details through webform, and then once received the PPR, they advised to send new passport with a covering letter.

I got DM today - Jan 11

Can you pls provide the info in regards to the covering letter, what shall we write as I also updated my Passport recently and sent the info to Cic and they confirmed the details. Just wondering, do we have to send both the passports or just the new one with a covering letter?

Kgill029

Dec 18, 2018

I got DM today - Jan 11

Did you have a valid status in canada? As of now my status in canada is expired and we need to have a valid status in canada if we need to renew our passport.

Ricky2854

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
I got DM on Jan 3, 2019 and interview appointment on Jan 8 from CIC-Edmonton. I live in Edmonton. How about you? I think you will get email of interview appointment very soon.
I am inland Aug 8, 2017 applicant.
I live in edmonton too, yeah hope so it will come soon

Princess Ayat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
If main applicant interview is scheduled for permanent residence landing while dependents which are living outside from Canada are still waiting for ppr when will be there procedure for visa

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
1. email for the interview;
2. passport
3. photo;
4. proof of payment;
5. work permit.
One question.
If I do not have work permit to work on the day going for landing or interview, what should I do?
Officer rejected my extending work permit because they said I applied as Open work permit, but they considerate me again as Closed work permit but still manager did not pay for compliance fee.
Now, I cannot work and I re-applied waiting for new closed work permit.

zack_edmonton

Jan 4, 2019
One question.
If I do not have work permit to work on the day going for landing or interview, what should I do?
Officer rejected my extending work permit because they said I applied as Open work permit, but they considerate me again as Closed work permit but still manager did not pay for compliance fee.
Now, I cannot work and I re-applied waiting for new closed work permit.
I don't know the answer for your question. I think you can call CIC to ask for help. But I don't think this is a big issue since you have re-applied and you have implied status. You are legally stay here.

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
I don't know the answer for your question. I think you can call CIC to ask for help. But I don't think this is a big issue since you have re-applied and you have implied status. You are legally stay here.
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, no. I was in implied status before I got refused decision.
They refused my extending work permit last December, and CIC agent told me I cannot work from now because my original work permit is expired before applying the 2nd extending work permit and I need to do the "restoration" to extend work permit.