+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Inland Paper based June-July-August 2017 applicants

aroundtheworld_

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
My opinon on this. As you already have DM and your work permit is expiring next month you could apply for a bridging open work permit. As long as you apply before you pg work permit expires you will not have problems with respect to your status. I think that as you already have DM, the fact that you lost your job will not impact your application. If by January 12 you do not have PPR I would say you should postpone your trip. If you get PPR while you are abroad it may be a difficult situation. I have not booked my flight tickets for winter break as my PPR may come anytime soon so the tickets will be very expensive or I will have to cancel my trip but I will not take the risk of getting PPR while I am abroad.
How do we have to apply for bridging open work permit?

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
Thank you for your opinion.
How can I apply bridging open work permit same as pg work permit?
Here is the information

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

I just noticed something in the information provided, this may be a serious problem for you, they said:

If you applied through the Provincial Nominee Program and have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination, you can’t get a bridging open work permit.

Does this apply to you? Do you have "employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination" ?

Reactions: aroundtheworld_

WaiterCA

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Ohhh man.
I am in trouble I can’t understand what to do next.
Don't panic. I have a question for you. What does it say in a letter that you got from your province? Is it restricted to one employer or not? I assume that it's not restricted because you already have open work permit

WaiterCA

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
It says yes on pnp letter. I don’t know that means restrictions or not.
It means you have a restriction. It's not good but still manageable, we all people and CIC understands that it's hard to hold one job for years while waiting for PR. Right now I suggest you to look for a similar job with a similar NOC. Doesn't matter if it's a shit job and underpayment position, you need this job for a couple of months, after a landing you will be free to do anything.

Why is it important for a landing process? Because when you come to the officer with your COPR, he will ask you about your current work and you need to tell him that everything is fine and you are employed. Without a new job you will be in a way more difficult situation, because during the landing process, immigration officer has the authority to cancel your PR.

Few months ago I would suggest you to notify your province when you will get a new job, but now you are so close for PPR. I don't really now what to suggest.

balongskija

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
N/a
AOR Received.
13-03-2018
Med's Request
27-06-2018
Med's Done....
08-07-2018
LANDED..........
24-05-2019
Thank you for your opinion bro.
Let’s see what happens.
I am working another job at Airport, will ask Company about my situation.
Hey bud, just inform the province / SINP . My friend experienced that same case as yours he got even laid off before even getting a decision of his PR. He informed the province, he went to their office in Regina personally and they helped him out to have an open permit for a year.

Reactions: WaiterCA