+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP application, AOR stage, got laid off

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the info. So Can I not use AOR to apply for Bridging open work permit and have to wait till I reactive "Approved in Principle" ? Some thread say that AOR can be considered as Approved in Principle to apply BOWP? So just confirming?
If you applied PR under PNP stream, you just need AOR letter. That is called Approved in principle in PNP stream PR . Make sure you check your nomination letter that you don’t have employment restrictions on your nomination.

Sunil_93745

Jan 15, 2024
If you applied PR under PNP stream, you just need AOR letter. That is called Approved in principle in PNP stream PR . Make sure you check your nomination letter that you don’t have employment restrictions on your nomination.
Thanks heaps for the prompt response. Just wondering that did you have or anyone else had first hand experience in similar situation?

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the info. So Can I not use AOR to apply for Bridging open work permit and have to wait till I reactive "Approved in Principle" ? Some thread say that AOR can be considered as Approved in Principle to apply BOWP? So just confirming?
So what I was told by my lawyer is that you can apply for BOWP once you receive your AOR but that would mean that you already were in Canada on work permit. If that's the case for you then I believe you can go ahead and apply using your GC Key account.

Sunil_93745

Jan 15, 2024
So what I was told by my lawyer is that you can apply for BOWP once you receive your AOR but that would mean that you already were in Canada on work permit. If that's the case for you then I believe you can go ahead and apply using your GC Key account.
Dear Vivian, Thanks heaps for the information. I am in Canada and having open work permit which will expire in Aug 2024. My PR application is non-express entry through PNP stream, in which they ask for Approved in Principle letter but I guess in my case AOR can be considered as Approved in Principle, am I correct?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dear Vivian, Thanks heaps for the information. I am in Canada and having open work permit which will expire in Aug 2024. My PR application is non-express entry through PNP stream, in which they ask for Approved in Principle letter but I guess in my case AOR can be considered as Approved in Principle, am I correct?
Absolutely. Your AOR letter is all you need to extend your work permit. Also make sure you check your nomination letter if you have employer restrictions on it . If you have employer restriction, you have to apply closed work permit then .

vivianroy

Jul 18, 2019
YES! In this case, you AOR will be considered sufficient