15 April 2013; E-case Med Recv'd 24 May 2013
Passport Req..
20 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 August 2013
LANDED..........
25 October 2013
zeemama said:
cyingfreeman.....A big congrats to you.. Thank God for your landing and wishing u the best
Thanks Zeemama, just to let you know that I dey wait for you ooo.
Winnipeg is a very nice city, lovely people.
;D ;D ;D

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
cryingfreeman1111 said:
Greeting to All,
It gives me great joy to announced to you all that we successfully landed in Winnipeg on 25th October.
Sincerely, I'm very grateful to each and everyone on this very noble forum for all your brotherly and sisterly advices and assistance during this period.
Thanks very much.
And to all those in-waiting, good news is around the corner.
Once again, I'm sincerely grateful.

Regards,

Cryingfreeman1111 :D :D :D :)
To God be the glory for all He has done for you.

Enjoy your new life in Winnipeg 8) 8) 8)

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Ofis said:
Hi All,

I'm a GS applicant from Nigeria and I need a little help from everyone since you've all passed my stage a long time back (yet to get LOA).

I got an email from MPNP on October 23 saying I should send an updated bank statement latest October 31 after which they will make a final decision on my application. My challenge is that, I've moved money in and out of my bank account over this period for business purposes with the total available deposit being very low. I however can move money back into my account before the October 31 deadline to exceed the required bank balance.

From your experiences, will a money deposit in my bank account within the next 7 days to make up the shortfall in the required funding be viewed negatively by MPNP? While one is planning to migrate, it doesn't make business sense to have cash lying idle when there are other alternatives to growing the cash - this is my opinion.

Thanks in anticipation of a prompt answer.

Ofis
My advice would be that you dont lodge or deposit cash into your account now. This might create an impression that you dont have enough funds and you had gone to borrow the funds. I would recommend thus:

Invest the required funds that you would have deposited into your account as fixed deposit, say for 90 days. Ensure the bank issues you an investment certificates or confirmation letter

Obtain a print-out of your bank statement for 6 month. This should be the bank for which your balance is below the threshold required by MPNP.

Write a letter explaining why you have moved funds from your current account to the fixed deposit giving reason like you wanted to earn a better return from the fund rather than leaving it idle in the current account.

Ofis

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP - April 30, 2013; CIC - May 7, 2014
Nomination.....
March 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 9, 2014
Med's Request
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 9, 2014
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
Emperor said:
My advice would be that you dont lodge or deposit cash into your account now. This might create an impression that you dont have enough funds and you had gone to borrow the funds. I would recommend thus:

Invest the required funds that you would have deposited into your account as fixed deposit, say for 90 days. Ensure the bank issues you an investment certificates or confirmation letter

Obtain a print-out of your bank statement for 6 month. This should be the bank for which your balance is below the threshold required by MPNP.

Write a letter explaining why you have moved funds from your current account to the fixed deposit giving reason like you wanted to earn a better return from the fund rather than leaving it idle in the current account.
@ Emperor, thanks for the advice. The challenge is that I was given a week to provide an updated proof of funds/statement of account in which case, doing a fixed deposit now will not suffice. The best I can do is to transfer funds to my account to make up the balance. A run through my account over the past 6 months will show that up to 7 times the recommended funds have passed through my account in form of salaries and remittances and this should show that I have the capacity to raise such funds. Let me know from your experience if this is the case.

Awesome God

Oct 21, 2013
Ofis said:
Hi All,

I'm a GS applicant from Nigeria and I need a little help from everyone since you've all passed my stage a long time back (yet to get LOA).

I got an email from MPNP on October 23 saying I should send an updated bank statement latest October 31 after which they will make a final decision on my application. My challenge is that, I've moved money in and out of my bank account over this period for business purposes with the total available deposit being very low. I however can move money back into my account before the October 31 deadline to exceed the required bank balance.

From your experiences, will a money deposit in my bank account within the next 7 days to make up the shortfall in the required funding be viewed negatively by MPNP? While one is planning to migrate, it doesn't make business sense to have cash lying idle when there are other alternatives to growing the cash - this is my opinion.

Thanks in anticipation of a prompt answer.

Ofis

@ Ofis, considering the time limit, your best shot is to transfer fund into your account. I had similar case too, on 5th January, I was asked to update my account statement. As at that time, I was only having less than 300k but I was able to raise the required amount within 10 days

I as well included reference letter from bank.
I will suggest you add it too.

I got my LOA June.

Good Luck

ginacom2003

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Warri, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept; 2012
Nomination.....
11th July, 2013
AOR Received.
20th Sept; 2013
IELTS Request
Submited with application
Med's Request
9th Nov; 2013
Med's Done....
13th Nov; 2013
Interview........
4th July, 2013
Passport Req..
2nd Apr; 2014
VISA ISSUED...
17th April, 2014
LANDED..........
14th May, 2014
Awesome God said:
@ Ofis, considering the time limit, your best shot is to transfer fund into your account. I had similar case too, on 5th January, I was asked to update my account statement. As at that time, I was only having less than 300k but I was able to raise the required amount within 10 days

I got my LOA June.

Good Luck
Dear All,

How long does it take for VO Accra to issue MR after obtaining AOR from CIO in PNP Application?

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Ofis said:
@ Emperor, thanks for the advice. The challenge is that I was given a week to provide an updated proof of funds/statement of account in which case, doing a fixed deposit now will not suffice. The best I can do is to transfer funds to my account to make up the balance. A run through my account over the past 6 months will show that up to 7 times the recommended funds have passed through my account in form of salaries and remittances and this should show that I have the capacity to raise such funds. Let me know from your experience if this is the case.
You can adopt Awesome God advice, since he's gone through the experience.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
ginacom2003 said:
Dear All,

How long does it take for VO Accra to issue MR after obtaining AOR from CIO in PNP Application?
In my own case it took 22 days as you can see from my timeline. Please note that each application's situation varies

Ofis

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
March 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 9, 2014
Med's Request
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 9, 2014
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
Awesome God said:

I got my LOA June.

Good Luck
@Awesome God and Emperor, thanks very much for your advice. I've taken your suggestions on board. Fingers crossed and prayer time...

Ofis

Ofis

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
March 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 9, 2014
Med's Request
August 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 9, 2014
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
Emperor said:
You can adopt Awesome God advice, since he's gone through the experience.
@Emperor and Awesome God

I just got a response to my email in which I sent the updated proof of funds. It reads:

"Thank you for your submission. You will be advised of the final decision in writing."

I'm a little surprised with this response as it does not mention the usual process of sponsor interview. Is this normal or I'm the one mixing things up? I need an urgent answer to dampen my anxiety...

Ofis

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
Ofis said:
@ Emperor and Awesome God

I just got a response to my email in which I sent the updated proof of funds. It reads:

"Thank you for your submission. You will be advised of the final decision in writing."

I'm a little surprised with this response as it does not mention the usual process of sponsor interview. Is this normal or I'm the one mixing things up? I need an urgent answer to dampen my anxiety...

Ofis
I think you're very close to the finishing line now. Few applicant receive LOA without sponsor's interview. You don't have anything to worry about. All the best mate.

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
Ofis said:
@ Emperor and Awesome God

Ofis
Let us be expectant.

Bukonla80

Oct 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Nomination.....
30-06-2012
AOR Received.
Application received at CIO 29-08-2012, CC charged on 22/10/2012, AOR received on 27/10/2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Medical Request received on 26-11-2012 from Accra VO
Med's Done....
7-12-2012; 25/2/2013 furtherance medical test requested - Medicals Received 12-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Received Passport Request on 19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-2014
Hello House,

I need your advice on a particular topic. Please kindly advice on the implication of defaulting on the residency obligation for the MPNP. If I get a job outside Manitoba, say Calgary and I decide to relocate immediately I land; do you think that will affect my PR Status?

Secondly, what if I get a rotation job in Alberta. In this case, I can work in Alberta and live in Manitoba. Will I still fulfill both residential and employment goals.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Regards

Finally

Aug 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Will be waived
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Will be waived
Med's Done....
Will be waived
Interview........
Will be waived
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Bukonla80 said:
Hello House,

I need your advice on a particular topic. Please kindly advice on the implication of defaulting on the residency obligation for the MPNP. If I get a job outside Manitoba, say Calgary and I decide to relocate immediately I land; do you think that will affect my PR Status?

Secondly, what if I get a rotation job in Alberta. In this case, I can work in Alberta and live in Manitoba. Will I still fulfill both residential and employment goals.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Regards
The implication is that your sponsor's ability to nominate/sponsor people to that province in the future will be affected. That means the success of future nominations by them will be jeopardized because for each nomination application, the sponsor is required to state the current location/province of residence of persons previously nominated. Newcomers to Manitoba are expected, NOT required by law, to reside, work and contribute to Manitoba's economy for at least 3 years before moving to other provinces should they wish to do so. In your settlement plan, you probably wrote convincingly of your desire to live in that province so what has suddenly changed between the time you received your visa (a few weeks ago) and now? Of course, it's not my business and you'll make your decision in the end but think about how what you might do will affect others in the future, because such actions usually result in the introduction of more stringent regulations by the authorities. In any case, CIC is working together with provinces to ensure new provincially-nominated permanent residents actually stay in the province they signed up for initially. Good luck!

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Finally said:
The implication is that your sponsor's ability to nominate/sponsor people to that province in the future will be affected. That means the success of future nominations by them will be jeopardized because for each nomination application, the sponsor is required to state the current location/province of residence of persons previously nominated. Newcomers to Manitoba are expected, NOT required by law, to reside, work and contribute to Manitoba's economy for at least 3 years before moving to other provinces should they wish to do so. In your settlement plan, you probably wrote convincingly of your desire to live in that province so what has suddenly changed between the time you received your visa (a few weeks ago) and now? Of course, it's not my business and you'll make your decision in the end but think about how what you might do will affect others in the future, because such actions usually result in the introduction of more stringent regulations by the authorities. In any case, CIC is working together with provinces to ensure new provincially-nominated permanent residents actually stay in the province they signed up for initially. Good luck!

Well said Finally,

I concur to his submission,please think through before making harsh decisions.This guys have a way of tracking immigrants and dont jeopardise the chances of others.

My2cent

Ig