+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMP Certification as Certificate of Qualification

anilengin

Jun 29, 2018
Hi all,

I have been awarded the Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate and the CFA Institute Investment Foundations certificate issued by the CFA Institute.

Is it possible that those internationally recognized certificates could be accepted as a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Thanks for the answers in advance?

Kind regards.

Anil Engin

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all,

I have been awarded the Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate and the CFA Institute Investment Foundations certificate issued by the CFA Institute.

Is it possible that those internationally recognized certificates could be accepted as a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Kind regards.

Anil Engin
ECA is only for University Educations, not certifications.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Kind regards.

Anil Engin
No. Those are not certificates of qualification.

anilengin

Jun 29, 2018
Thank you for your time and kind answers. I have been graduated from Aerospace Engineering and certified it through WES. As far as I understand, then, I can get a certificate of qualification through Engineering institutions there, then I will have extra points.

However, is it really confusing, why do they not accept internationally recognized certifications such as PMP CFA?

Kind regards.

Anil.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your time and kind answers. I have been graduated from Aerospace Engineering and certified it through WES. As far as I understand, then, I can get a certificate of qualification through Engineering institutions there, then I will have extra points.

However, is it really confusing, why do they not accept internationally recognized certifications such as PMP CFA?

Kind regards.

Anil.
Only the NOC's below are eligible for points given for having a certificate of qualification.

• major group 72: industrial, electrical and construction workers
  • major group 73: maintenance and equipment operation workers
  • major group 82: supervisors and technical workers in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • major group 92: processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • minor group 632: chefs and cooks
  • minor group 633: butchers and bakers"

Leozitha

Mar 24, 2022
In order to get some additional points in the express entry program throw certification recognized by provincial or federal organs.
Are PMI, PMP, CFA, or CPA certifications passable to get those points?
Or those points are only for trade certifications like CEET?
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In order to get some additional points in the express entry program throw certification recognized by provincial or federal organs.
Are PMI, PMP, CFA, or CPA certifications passable to get those points?
Or those points are only for trade certifications like CEET?
Thanks.
To get points for certification, you need to be in the trades - electrician, plumbing etc. You don’t get points for CPA, CFA etc.

Reactions: Leozitha