+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM please help...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgvinson777 said:
Right. She might fail, so she better not try. It costs too much and she would probably fail anyway and then end up with a big debt. Geeez!
Did I say that? Maybe you should read my reply again

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Leon. I know how to read very well and my comprehension is excellent. I know what I read and I know what you wrote. I think 'you' might want to study what you wrote. Anyway I have brought us way off point by now. end

Best wishes Anika!!! Go get'em!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgvinson777 said:
Leon. I know how to read very well and my comprehension is excellent. I know what I read and I know what you wrote. I think 'you' might want to study what you wrote. Anyway I have brought us way off point by now. end

Best wishes Anika!!! Go get'em!
Hmm, seems to me you have a little comprehension problem there. I never said that she shouldn't start a business, just that it's riskier. For some people, business might be a good idea but she's got 3 kids to feed and huge debts on her back. As for working for somebody else being risky, I believe I have seen a lot more people fail at business and end up in huge debt than I have seen laid off or fired and having problems getting another job.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Leon,

I agree with you that business is risky. However everything in life is risky. We all don't know anika and business may be her way out. and it may not be. Depends on her personality and style.

The only thing I want to add is that since we do not know anika more than reading what she posted, it is safer for us to put all options on the table for her to evaluate. You get what i am saying? I am not criticizing your assessment but I do not think we know her enough to say which alternative is best for her.

Let's just keep putting alternatives on the table and she will see and make a decision herself hopefully after evaluating all options. I agree to the idea of letting her know about the risks and opportunities of any option we are suggesting.

Peach people. Much love

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Yes. She does carry a substantial burden. Debts and children. On that we agree. I suspect that once she takes a job that she will incur child care costs on top of that. It is difficult to imagine that any entry level or even slightly above an entry level position will provide for her situation without great risk of failure (or collapse). However, a small business can provide an income of 3 or 4 times the entry level wages that she might get by taking a job. Also, self employment allows for more flexibility with regard to her time. With 3 kids, she will need all the time she can get. Now, you and I don't know Anika and I feel a little silly now for continuing this debate on her life. You are correct. Some people either aren't suited, or have no experience at starting even the most meager business. I suppose that it annoyed me a little that you would discourage her from this consideration with the typical "job security" reasoning. There is no such thing as job security. Also, there are some situations that jobs are not suitable to resolve. It was my intention to appeal so any sense of independence that she may have because the rewards are empowering much sooner that an entry level job.