+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM - job_seeker - jass_virgoan - scylla - amikety - Layman: Someone Plz Help

nik6

Nov 3, 2012
Hi there, my case is simple. Right now, my application for permanent residency is under process and just last month I got married. So, my question are:
1. How can I include my Wife in my file, so that we both can get PR together?
2. And on how can I update my changed married status to CIC? (I have marriage certificate as supporting document).
3. Can I call my wife here in Canada on Visitor Visa or Dependent Visa? For which Visa should I go for & how is the success ratio visa approval?

Facts:
- I have applied for PR through PNP program from Saskatchewan.
- I have already got Medical Examination Request.
- I sent my file to Nova Scotia, Sydeny, and chose CPP as Ottawa office.
- My Wife is in India, and I an in Canada on work permit.

Please guide as soon as possible.

Thank you.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nik6 said:
Hi there, my case is simple. Right now, my application for permanent residency is under process and just last month I got married. So, my question are:
1. How can I include my Wife in my file, so that we both can get PR together?
2. And on how can I update my changed married status to CIC? (I have marriage certificate as supporting document).
3. Can I call my wife here in Canada on Visitor Visa or Dependent Visa? For which Visa should I go for & how is the success ratio visa approval?

Facts:
- I have applied for PR through PNP program from Saskatchewan.
- I have already got Medical Examination Request.
- I sent my file to Nova Scotia, Sydeny, and chose CPP as Ottawa office.
- My Wife is in India, and I an in Canada on work permit.

Please guide as soon as possible.

Thank you.
As you have already applied for your PR, and received your medical request, you should contact your visa office immediately and let them know that you were married and need to add your spouse. The earlier is better.

nik6

Nov 3, 2012
Thank you Wilson for reply.

Can you please guide me on how should I call my wife: Visitor Visa or Dependent Visa? She wants to live with me like right now, so I can not wait for PR to arrive.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
nik6 said:

Can you please guide me on how should I call my wife: Visitor Visa or Dependent Visa? She wants to live with me like right now, so I can not wait for PR to arrive.
If your NOC code is A, B, or 0, you can try for a spousal open work permit. A Visitor Visa is unlikely to happen from India.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You'd need to update your PR application. When your application was "received" you received a letter/email informing you of notifying CIC in the event there are changes in your personal circumstances....

nik6 said:

nik6

Nov 3, 2012
Thank you Amikety and job_seeker...

@ Amikety:
What is the meaning of NOC Code: A, B or 0??? How do I know, which code I do have...???

@ Job_seeker:
I have already sent an email for my changed status to CPP-Ottawa. Originally, I had sent my file to Nova Scotia- Sydney, but in the form I had chosen CPP as Visa office. So, I sent email to CPP-Ottawa. Is this right, what I have done?

@ All member: do I need to do anything more in my case? Please guide me...

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
List you'd job title and description. I'm not an expert at NOC codes but someone else might know.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nik6 said:
I work for a Pharmacy Distribution Warehouse as it "Warehouse Associate"
Here is the NOC matrix 2006 which is what HRSDC uses in its LMO assessments:

http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/english/NOC/2006/html/Matrix.html

If you look at the first column, it tells you the skill level of each occupation listed in the subsequent columns. Skilled jobs are 0, A and B. Low skilled or unskilled jobs are C and D.

I believe a warehouse associate would be classified as NOC C or maybe D.