+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM , could I return to canada after interview?

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
My interview was on June 25th , immigration officer said she needs time to approve or denied my application I submitted new evidence on my case , im being sponsor by my wife.

could i return to canada to wait for an answer there? Im aware that of my application is fully approve I have to mail my passport and eventually I need to leave and enter Canada to activate the landed immigrant visa.

When I asked immigration officer in mexico city if i could return to canada , she said is up to immigration officer in canada to allow me entry based on immigration officer mexico city comments on my case.

I dont want to be in mexico city , i rathe wait in canada for a response after interview , my attorney said it should be fine , since i dont have an approval or denial to go back home with my wife.

please advice .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mikeyvr said:
My interview was on June 25th , immigration officer said she needs time to approve or denied my application I submitted new evidence on my case , im being sponsor by my wife.

could i return to canada to wait for an answer there? Im aware that of my application is fully approve I have to mail my passport and eventually I need to leave and enter Canada to activate the landed immigrant visa.

When I asked immigration officer in mexico city if i could return to canada , she said is up to immigration officer in canada to allow me entry based on immigration officer mexico city comments on my case.

I dont want to be in mexico city , i rathe wait in canada for a response after interview , my attorney said it should be fine , since i dont have an approval or denial to go back home with my wife.

please advice .
Your choice, but there is no guarantee that you would be admitted as a visitor with a PR application in progress.

PMM

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
PMM said:
Hi

mikeyvr said:

please advice .
Your choice, but there is no guarantee that you would be admitted as a visitor with a PR application in progress.

PMM

Im a citizen of Mexico, we dont need a visa to enter Canada , I been living in Vancouver with my wife for almost a year, I had to travel to Mexico for thr interview because it was an outland application, does that makes a difference?

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
You can try, but it will be up to the immigration officer at the port of entry to decide wether he let u pass or not. Even if u don't need a visa to Canada, everybody has to still convince the officer at port of entry. Good luck.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Whether you need a visa or not, the IO at the border has the right to refuse you entry if he has reason to believe you don't intend to leave Canada when you should. A lot depends on luck - which IO you get, how trusting he is that day etc. If you try it, good luck!

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
im flying in this coming friday , I hope everything goes well.