+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

plz tell me some uni names

telecom1678

Dec 4, 2011
Please some body can tell me names of universities where co-op courses are taught specially in Msc electrical or Telecom engineering?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
telecom1678 said:
Please some body can tell me names of universities where co-op courses are taught specially in Msc electrical or Telecom engineering?
Hi,

The University of Victoria in British Columbia.

1. Well known for co-op based education.
2. Victoria, a capital of British Columbia.
3. Victoria, ranked as the second best place to live in Canada.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Co-op or internship is not allowed in any engineering MSc. Co-op/intern is only for undergrads (i.e. strictly to engineering departments/not sure about other departments).

Btw enfield, Victoria is not ranked as the 2nd best place to live in canada :p

The list is:
1. Vanc
2. Toronto
3. Calgary ( :D )

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
According to moneysense.ca,

Top ten cities of Canada are

1. Ottawa-Gatineau
2. Victoria
3. Burlington
4. Kingston
5. St. Albert
6. Fredericton
7. Brandon
8. Edmonton
9. Repentigny
10. Winnipeg

Calgary is 16th, Vancouver is 29th :p & Toronto is 88th :eek:

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Rupak14 said:
According to moneysense.ca,

Top ten cities of Canada are

1. Ottawa-Gatineau
2. Victoria
3. Burlington
4. Kingston
5. St. Albert
6. Fredericton
7. Brandon
8. Edmonton
9. Repentigny
10. Winnipeg

Calgary is 16th, Vancouver is 29th :p & Toronto is 88th :eek:
I have no clue what that list suppose to mean!!!! :| Vanc in 29th?! It have been world's most livable place for the last 2/3 years since it got overtaken by Melbourne and Vienna this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_most_livable_cities

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
Co-op or internship is not allowed in any engineering MSc. Co-op/intern is only for undergrads (i.e. strictly to engineering departments/not sure about other departments).

Btw enfield, Victoria is not ranked as the 2nd best place to live in canada :p

The list is:
1. Vanc
2. Toronto
3. Calgary ( :D )
Hi,

I agree,

Vancouver is the best, all you need is one colourfull umbrella to enjoy the city... as you said in your inbox(1) :(

but I would love to live/work somewhere very close to Banff and Jasper National Park in Alberta. :)

@ Rupak - Yes, I checked the same website, but I think the list is more about "best residential places" (with more focus on smaller cities/town), not best city. Not sure, but I think so.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
@ enfield - Yes I was thinking the same ! because Vancouver & Toronto cannot be ranked at 29th & 88th.

@ Rhasan - Yes, It has been world's most livable city & it's still one of the world's most livable cities and i think as enfield said this list is more about best residential places, not best city. :)

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
HI,

Co-Op are available for Masters Student also. It is specially designed for Masters in computer science and M-engg programs.

CO-Op it Self is a degree

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
luvanuj said:
HI,

Co-Op are available for Masters Student also. It is specially designed for Masters in computer science and M-engg programs.

Can you please give me the detail of an university/department which follows that? Because I myself is an MEng student and I did my homework pretty well and in most of the noteable universities, it is written intern/co-op programs are not applicable for MSc/Meng students. BTW I am particularly talking about engineering departments. I have mentioned earlier that I am not sure about other departments.

And co-op itself is a degree? :O Never knew that :|

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
BTW MSc students are entitled to research works and hence don't have the opportunity to even work outside, let alone be co-op!

Looking forward to the get the details about "co-op itself is a degree" and universities which allow co-op in masters :)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luvanuj said:
HI,

Hi,

I can confirm co-op available for undergraduate/Masters in Business and Commerce students in University of Victoria/University of British Columbia. I have searched extensively for MBA programs in Canada but I am NOT sure for M-Engg programs. Only current students of M-Engg (like Rhasan) can talk/confirm about it, after all who want to miss co-op based Master course.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rhasan said:
BTW MSc students are entitled to research works and hence don't have the opportunity to even work outside, let alone be co-op!

Looking forward to the get the details about "co-op itself is a degree" and universities which allow co-op in masters :)
rhasan is right. While you research under a supervisor/professor; you have to provide whatever hours are required for the research. So, you don't get the chance to get out of the university for 4/8/12/16 months to do a co-op. Currently, most M.Eng programs allow you to do co-ops. But M.Eng programs have limited co-op opportunities as opposed to Bachelors.

I know from experience that co-ops are very helpful in Canada, especially for engineering; if you are looking forward to working upon graduation.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Rossei said:
rhasan is right. While you research under a supervisor/professor; you have to provide whatever hours are required for the research. So, you don't get the chance to get out of the university for 4/8/12/16 months to do a co-op. Currently, most M.Eng programs allow you to do co-ops. But M.Eng programs have limited co-op opportunities as opposed to Bachelors.

I know from experience that co-ops are very helpful in Canada, especially for engineering; if you are looking forward to working upon graduation.
Yah i agree with rossei. Some departments allow co-op for their post-grad programs (like I said before-I don't know about other departments) but CS/Electrical dept doesn't because of the research or even in MEng they don't officially allow any sort of co-op since students can work full time during their summer semester (doesn't count anything towards the degree though).

But maybe colleges have co-op programs for post-grad. After all, they usually have their own rules instead of following defined/well known systems.