+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz reply Sponsoring spouse in canada class

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello can anybody tell i am a visitor in canada and i got married to a permanent resident on canada. We will apply for my PR application after we get a marriage certificate. So basically in June and my stay in canada is upto july so can you tell me that can i stay after july also as my file will be in process ? Or i have to return back to my home country

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
You can stay in Canada while waiting for your PR as long as you maintain legal status. You can extend your stay as a visitor then when applying for the permanent residence also include application for open work permit. Good luck.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
You can stay in Canada while waiting for your PR as long as you maintain legal status. You can extend your stay as a visitor then when applying for the permanent residence also include application for open work permit. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the reply and plz can u tell me how can I extend my stay like what reason i should mention to extend my stay and when should apply to extend my stay ?

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply and plz can u tell me how can I extend my stay like what reason i should mention to extend my stay and when should apply to extend my stay ?
You should apply at least 30 days before your current one expires. The reason could be you are getting married.

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
You should apply at least 30 days before your current one expires. The reason could be you are getting married.
I already got married on 14th feb but my marriage certificate will come after 16th may thats why i will apply my PR in june.

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I already got married on 14th feb but my marriage certificate will come after 16th may thats why i will apply my PR in june.
That is sweet congratulation. You can tell them you got married and would like to stay. Remember people come from outside to stay with their spouse, you are only asking to extend yours.

Ude

May 6, 2017
If you got married in Ontario, you can ask for expedited processing of your certificate that you need it for immigration purpose.
That is what I did, I got my certificate in 2 weeks.

search through this forum, you would see how to go about it.

Reactions: raman pawar

raman pawar

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
If you got married in Ontario, you can ask for expedited processing of your certificate that you need it for immigration purpose.
That is what I did, I got my certificate in 2 weeks.

search through this forum, you would see how to go about it.
Ohk thnks

Reactions: Ude