+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz. help me to know about my education assesment

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:
a 2 year diploma will not get you 25 points even with 17 years of studies. You must attain the required education level required for 25 points. I hope that makes sense.

Great pleasure to see you back in action. :)

Ynet

Jun 4, 2010
Thanks Matties. Now , will I get atleast 22 (assuming MDBA to be yet another bachelors degree) ?

I have send my intial application to CIC claiming to have a Masters degree(when I am having only a MDBA). Later, when I send my send my full docs to VO, what correction do you suggest ? Should I explantaion that I misunderstood and claimed Masters degree Or Make no correction to intial application and leave it to CHC to decide the eligibility points I earn on my education. (Of course, I should score enough in my IELTS, to make good for any possible downgrade!)

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Always score enough for possible downgrade. If i were you, I would downgrade it myself and tell them of the changes in a letter. What is MDBA? Is it not a masters. IF your highest education is a 2 year diploma or a bachelors degree, you will only get 20 points, no matter how many years above 14years of studies. That is my understanding.

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Maaties said:
Always score enough for possible downgrade. If i were you, I would downgrade it myself and tell them of the changes in a letter. What is MDBA? Is it not a masters. IF your highest education is a 2 year diploma or a bachelors degree, you will only get 20 points, no matter how many years above 14years of studies. That is my understanding.
Dear Maaties, Would you please review my education and let me know how much points may I get? Executive MBA 1.4 yr, MBA 2 yr (not Diploma), B.Com (Pass) 2 yr, HSC 2 yr, SSC 10 yr. Total 17.4 yr. Thanks.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
SaimonBlue said:
Dear Maaties, Would you please review my education and let me know how much points may I get? Executive MBA 1.4 yr, MBA 2 yr (not Diploma), B.Com (Pass) 2 yr, HSC 2 yr, SSC 10 yr. Total 17.4 yr. Thanks.
I am not sure. You should get definitely get 22 points at least. Not sure if you will get 25 given that you have the same degree twice.

Priyanka.80

Sep 18, 2010
only problem with SCDL or correspondence PG Diploma is that its not a PG degree and not from a University,
as Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is an Instt.

and a PG Degree from any Indian Uni is 'Full time equivalent' , and hence can get 5 points.......... ref. OP06 pg 13. section 6.3.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ynet said:
Dear Suresh,
Kindly let me know how you filled the occupation in the work experience.I am slo in the same boat and will be soon applying to CIC.

also I have a 2 year diploma from SIMS, Pune thru distance elarning. Did they consider it as a 2 year diplotma and you got the points for 17 years of education(25 points). Pl share your experience as it would also make an assessment of how much I should score in IELTS .
Thanks
No, you require a Master degree or PHD that took 17 years to obtain for 25 points.