Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Dear forum members, this question is from my friend. He claim here asylum in Canada and his case has been accepted now he is on welfare, he also sponsor his family ( +three kids under ten years) his sponsor is approved and his application sent to pak for forther process, he himself received his PR in Canada now the question is that if he is still on welfare did his family will received visa for coming to Canada , he is searching a job but till yet he did not got permanent job? Thanks in advance. Naveed

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
naveedpcs said:
Dear forum members, this question is from my friend. He claim here asylum in Canada and his case has been accepted now he is on welfare, he also sponsor his family ( +three kids under ten years) his sponsor is approved and his application sent to pak for forther process, he himself received his PR in Canada now the question is that if he is still on welfare did his family will received visa for coming to Canada , he is searching a job but till yet he did not got permanent job? Thanks in advance. Naveed
According to the information on the link I have provided it says to sponsor someone you have to be able to prove you can support them and yourself. You have to be able to make sure they will not need government financial assistance. I don't see how a person could prove this if they are receiving government financial assistance themselves. I think your friend will have to get a job before he can start the process of trying to bring his family over.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Mbgirlfriend said:
According to the information on the link I have provided it says to sponsor someone you have to be able to prove you can support them and yourself. You have to be able to make sure they will not need government financial assistance. I don't see how a person could prove this if they are receiving government financial assistance themselves. I think your friend will have to get a job before he can start the process of trying to bring his family over.
Thanks dear, appreciated
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
naveedpcs said:
A conventional refugee here in canada has the following options to be reunited with his family:-
1) To add his family abroad in his application when he applies for a permanent residence status. in this case his family will get PR at the same time when he gets his status. this is only if a applicant choose to process the family members at the same time by paying the fees and submitting the documents. In this case there is no requirement to show proof of funds or job as it is not a sponsor category no matter even if you are on a social support. (i wonder why your friend missed doing this as it was a easy way and with short processing time)
2) second option remains valid till one year i.e "One-Year Window of Opportunity provision" he can request the processing of their family members' permanent residence application under this option. this option also have certain exemptions related to ability to settle ( there are certain requirements to avail this option..you may learn more from cic website)
3) Sponsor a Member of the Family Class category: if your friend have applied in this category then he must have already submitted a Financial Evaluation Form (IMM 1283) and Sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM 1344). if so then he must meet his income requirements.

Hope it helps

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
kriv said:
A conventional refugee here in canada has the following options to be reunited with his family:-
1) To add his family abroad in his application when he applies for a permanent residence status. in this case his family will get PR at the same time when he gets his status. this is only if a applicant choose to process the family members at the same time by paying the fees and submitting the documents. In this case there is no requirement to show proof of funds or job as it is not a sponsor category no matter even if you are on a social support. (i wonder why your friend missed doing this as it was a easy way and with short processing time)
2) second option remains valid till one year i.e "One-Year Window of Opportunity provision" he can request the processing of their family members' permanent residence application under this option. this option also have certain exemptions related to ability to settle ( there are certain requirements to avail this option..you may learn more from cic website)
3) Sponsor a Member of the Family Class category: if your friend have applied in this category then he must have already submitted a Financial Evaluation Form (IMM 1283) and Sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM 1344). if so then he must meet his income requirements.

Hope it helps
thank you so much, but I know that when my friend applied his PR , same time he pay his family membres fee and after aprovel of his sponsorship his file was transfer to Islamabad Pk but still yet his family did not receive visa , but my friend become Permanent Resident of Canada , his family case is still inprocess in embassy of isb Pakistan . Naveed

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
naveedpcs said:
thank you so much, but I know that when my friend applied his PR , same time he pay his family membres fee and after aprovel of his sponsorship his file was transfer to Islamabad Pk but still yet his family did not receive visa , but my friend become Permanent Resident of Canada , his family case is still inprocess in embassy of isb Pakistan . Naveed
if your friend applied PR with all family members included at the same time Then what do you mean by approval of sponsorship? what letter did he get from cic, does the letter have such words "you are approved to sponsor your family" or "your sponsorship is approved and the file has been sent to Islamabad office"
When did your friend get his PR status? was the file transferred to Islamabad before he gets his PR or after that? did he submitted the upfront medicals of his family at the time of application?

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
kriv said:
if your friend applied PR with all family members included at the same time Then what do you mean by approval of sponsorship? what letter did he get from cic, does the letter have such words "you are approved to sponsor your family" or "your sponsorship is approved and the file has been sent to Islamabad office"
When did your friend get his PR status? was the file transferred to Islamabad before he gets his PR or after that? did he submitted the upfront medicals of his family at the time of application?
sir my friends sponsor application was approved in November 2013 and his file has been sent to Islamabad pak and he himself received his PR in augest 2014 but his family still yet did not receive anything from cic isb pak. I think due to rush his family did not receive from cic isb. Thanks for reply. Naveed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naveedpcs said:
So it sounds like he did not sponsor his family but included them in his original application. Islamabad is not the fastest visa office around so it sometimes takes them a couple of years to complete applications. He can make an appointment with his MP (member of parliament) and ask them to inquire into his family case.

He should of course also be trying to find a job and get off welfare. Not because of immigration but because it is better for him and his future.

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Leon said:
So it sounds like he did not sponsor his family but included them in his original application. Islamabad is not the fastest visa office around so it sometimes takes them a couple of years to complete applications. He can make an appointment with his MP (member of parliament) and ask them to inquire into his family case.

He should of course also be trying to find a job and get off welfare. Not because of immigration but because it is better for him and his future.
thank you so much sir, appreciated. Naveed