+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help: PCC

gps_94

Apr 30, 2017
Hello Seniors,

I have been to US twice and total stay was 166 days which is less than 6 months.

As per CIC website PCC it is only required if stay is more than 6 months.

I am not a primary applicant but few people suggested to obtain FBI PCC to be on the safer side if asked at later stage.

I just wanted to know does it really required if CIC has clearly mentioned thta its not required.

I am expecting ITA tomorrow and if I apply FBI PCC now it will take atleast 3-4 months to receive.

Also, does anyone have similar case as mine and did they obtained FBI PCC even stay was less than 6 months.

Thanks for your help !

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hello Seniors,

I have been to US twice and total stay was 166 days which is less than 6 months.

I am not a primary applicant but few people suggested to obtain FBI PCC to be on the safer side if asked at later stage.

I just wanted to know does it really required if CIC has clearly mentioned thta its not required.

I am expecting ITA tomorrow and if I apply FBI PCC now it will take atleast 3-4 months to receive.

Also, does anyone have similar case as mine and did they obtained FBI PCC even stay was less than 6 months.

Thanks for your help !
Hello,
In my opinion, as mentioned in the website, PCC is required if you have stayed in a country for more than 6 months in total. Ideally you don't need PCC from US. But IRCC has asked some people in the past to submit PCC if they have stayed in a country for 5+ months. If I were you, I would apply for US PCC but since it takes 3 months, I will go ahead and submit my application (obtain AOR) without US PCC. In case IRCC asks at a later date, you can submit it then, you will already have a lead time that way. IRCC will not cancel your application for lack of US PCC as you are not required to submit it. They might request for it at a later date.
I hope that helps! All the best!

Roshan

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
Hello Seniors,

Thanks for your help !
Totally agree with Nian427.

Continue sumitting your application but also apply for FBI PCC in parallel. Might come in handy if CIC requests ADR.