+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls help !! About common-law

May 5, 2014
Hi there,

Please help !!! I need some advice about PR application. I am a live-in caregiver. I worked with the first family for 1 year and then they didn't need nanny anymore. Another 1 year from the day that family stopped to hire me I came to stay with my common-law at her sister house. We stayed together for more than 1 years. After 1 year I straed to look for the new job again. Now I have been working with the second family and I am almost to apply PR application in this July.

My questions are :

1.I want to apply PR for my common-law too and I knew I can do that if we stayed together at least 1 year. But I'm not sure about Do I have to apply separate application form (PR) or just add her name in my application form as a common-law ? (she is on a visitor visa (TRV))
2. I must apply an open work permit application form and I would like to know "Can I apply for an open work permit to my common-law too?" At this point "Do I have to fill out an application form separately for her ?"

Thank you in advance
Live-in caregiver

rsjm

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila - Vegreville
App. Filed.......
LC1 - 31-12-2010 LC2 - 22-04-2013
Doc's Request.
NBI and RPRF received at Vegreville on 08-04-2014
AOR Received.
LC2 - 16-08-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-03-2014
Interview........
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014 delivered July 11, 2014
LANDED..........
10-08-2014
Liveincaregiver said:
Hi there,

Please help !!! I need some advice about PR application. I am a live-in caregiver. I worked with the first family for 1 year and then they didn't need nanny anymore. Another 1 year from the day that family stopped to hire me I came to stay with my common-law at her sister house. We stayed together for more than 1 years. After 1 year I straed to look for the new job again. Now I have been working with the second family and I am almost to apply PR application in this July.

My questions are :

1.I want to apply PR for my common-law too and I knew I can do that if we stayed together at least 1 year. But I'm not sure about Do I have to apply separate application form (PR) or just add her name in my application form as a common-law ? (she is on a visitor visa (TRV))
2. I must apply an open work permit application form and I would like to know "Can I apply for an open work permit to my common-law too?" At this point "Do I have to fill out an application form separately for her ?"

Thank you in advance
Live-in caregiver
Find more infos here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290ETOC.asp

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Liveincaregiver said:
Hi there,

My questions are :

1.I want to apply PR for my common-law too and I knew I can do that if we stayed together at least 1 year. But I'm not sure about Do I have to apply separate application form (PR) or just add her name in my application form as a common-law ? (she is on a visitor visa (TRV)) you just add her name on the application as dependent. There is a form for common law union declaration. There are needed documents i think that you need to provide as proof that you are common law like joint account, shared payment of expenses.. You will find all the forms and instructions guide on the website.
i am not too sure if she can apply an open work permit as her being your dependent will be processed parallel with your application too.
Thank you in advance
Live-in caregiver

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
The fundamental question would be - were you living together on legal status i.e. were you allowed to stay on trv for a year or so? When you switched employers, did you do that legally by getting LMO or whatever was required?

If that was not the case, i seriously doubt you could fly away with PR application that way.

May 5, 2014
fkl said:
The fundamental question would be - were you living together on legal status i.e. were you allowed to stay on trv for a year or so? When you switched employers, did you do that legally by getting LMO or whatever was required?

If that was not the case, i seriously doubt you could fly away with PR application that way.
We are legally for sure and we have prove.

Thank you everyone!!