Doc's Request.
23 march 2010
File Transfer...
20 July 2010
Med's Request
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-07-2012
I got problem with the council tax that am owning them some money which I dont know earlier because am busy with my studies and the problem appear on my uk police background check now am worried if this will stop me to get canada resident permit request letter for my visa.am so worried
Canadian embassy request for two police report certificate so I got two police certificate one from my country and the other one from united kingdom because am in uk presently with my wife.I came to uk sep 2011 for a year post graduate course.
Have sent a letter to the council tax office to solve the problem with them,have got exemption letter from my school and I wrote a letter also to explained what happened and students are not to pay council tax and why I dont know all this because am busy with my studies and have moved out from my formal apartment since january ending which they sent the bills to and I dont know about forwarding address.so I guess that will be solve soon and have submitted the necesary documents for the council tax.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I wouldn't worry about it... it's not a criminal matter. You have an exemption letter and said that students don't have to pay council tax. Once this is resolved, ask the council to help clear your record.

When you apply for Canadian immigration, write an explanation of the whole issue. Include copies of the exemption letter and if possible information that shows that students are exempt from this tax and what you have done so far to rectify it. I don't think it's sufficent grounds for inadmissability. Best wishes!

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Owing the Council is not a criminal offence and should not even be on your Police Certificate. When the Council is owed, it usually takes them a while to chase outstanding debts usually, through debt collectors and if this does not work then they take you to the magistrates court which you can then present your case stating reason(s) for not paying. I would contact ACRO (Issuing office) initially as to why this has happened and they may propose a way of sorting this out as the Council tend to be useless and would wasted your time going from one department to the other trying to resolve the issue.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Dear

jameslew45 said:
I got problem with the council tax that am owning them some money which I dont know earlier because am busy with my studies and the problem appear on my uk police background check now am worried if this will stop me to get canada resident permit request letter for my visa.am so worried
Canadian embassy request for two police report certificate so I got two police certificate one from my country and the other one from united kingdom because am in uk presently with my wife.I came to uk sep 2011 for a year post graduate course.
Have sent a letter to the council tax office to solve the problem with them,have got exemption letter from my school and I wrote a letter also to explained what happened and students are not to pay council tax and why I dont know all this because am busy with my studies and have moved out from my formal apartment since january ending which they sent the bills to and I dont know about forwarding address.so I guess that will be solve soon and have submitted the necesary documents for the council tax.
stop creating too many threads.
thank you.