+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please suggest a good moving company

smallwhale

Feb 24, 2010
I am sure this topic must have come up a few times in this forum. Please point me to the thread if you have it handy.
Otherwise, please suggest some moving company to help a move from USA to Canada. Need to move households and car.
Appreciate the help.

J. Pizzle

Mar 1, 2015
Hello!
When I moved in 2015, I used a service called U-Pack from ABF. You pack up one or more huge steel containers by yourself at their depot, or they can bring the container to your home if you live in the boonies and have room for that! Then they move it to the closest depot they have in Canada, where you can either pick the stuff up or have them deliver right to your door, again, if you have room for that. The onsite option didn't work for me in Milwaukee or Toronto, as it requires very generous dimensions. The price was the best I found, by far. Loading was simple. I rented a smallish box truck, loaded it up, drove to the depot, backed right up to the container, and quickly re-loaded everything. Getting cleared through customs was super easy for me, but your mileage may vary.
Good luck!

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
I had good experience with U-Pack. They were also the cheapest option I found.

cantn

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Going with u-pack

OntarioRose

Nov 6, 2018
California
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
November 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Can someone suggest a good moving company from Northern California to Ontario? I have a far amount of art and antiques so need someone who won’t reduce my treasures to a box of sticks.

Thanks.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Can someone suggest a good moving company from Northern California to Ontario? I have a far amount of art and antiques so need someone who won’t reduce my treasures to a box of sticks.

Thanks.
message me I moved from Atlanta to Ottawa

Chillnick

Apr 29, 2021
You should have plenty of options for moving companies that operate between the countries. Personally I've used Three Men and A Truck and they were very good to work with. No hassles, surprises, problems or unexpected costs. They just did the job as promised and everything went to plan. They were also helpful in figuring out some of the paperwork and legal obligations involved, which was nice.

Jan 13, 2023
Some of the best movers in New York City! They offer the most affordable prices for customers. Zeromax always provides protection for items to be stored or transported. Follow this link!!!

Jan 29, 2023
My friend used AKA Moving Company to move from Texas to Montreal. They were very fast, kind and not stressful at all. Also they were more competitive in pricing and everyone was able to assemble and dissemble my furniture. So it was really great! Id highly suggest them!

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hello!
When I moved in 2015, I used a service called U-Pack from ABF. You pack up one or more huge steel containers by yourself at their depot, or they can bring the container to your home if you live in the boonies and have room for that! Then they move it to the closest depot they have in Canada, where you can either pick the stuff up or have them deliver right to your door, again, if you have room for that. The onsite option didn't work for me in Milwaukee or Toronto, as it requires very generous dimensions. The price was the best I found for Cape Town Moving Company, by far. Loading was simple. I rented a smallish box truck, loaded it up, drove to the depot, backed right up to the container, and quickly re-loaded everything. Getting cleared through customs was super easy for me, but your mileage may vary.
Good luck!
Looking for reasonable in-town moving company. going from the ground floor to 5th-floor walkup.... suggestions please!