Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

Does this mean the period immediately after submitting your PR application so long as it's within one year, you can do your IELTS and the score remains valid e.g Jan 2007 (PR submission date) to Jan 2008 ?

If you did your IELTS say in May 2007 then put in your PR application in June 2007, Is the time frame here treated as "within one year of submitting your simplified application"? Since this is my situation.Do my IELTS score remain valid ?

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
Interesting question! This is not mentioned black and white anywhere. So to make sure that you do not get rejected only because you do not have a latest IELTS score, I would suggest you take the exam once again within one year of your PR submission. If you already crossed the line of one year, you take it as early as possible. And send them both the scores at the time they ask you send all supporting docs. The problem with your present score is it will remain valid only for 2 yaers. But it is high chance that you will get a call not within this time; unless you apply from inside Canada.

Also I would suggest you to write to your Visa office (where you submitted your application) and ask them about it:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp Find yours!

You can make either Case Specific Enquiry or a General Enquiry (try both if necessary). In my case, they replied with an answer to a general enquiry.

Hope this helps!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sadruddin said:
Interesting question! This is not mentioned black and white anywhere. So to make sure that you do not get rejected only because you do not have a latest IELTS score, I would suggest you take the exam once again within one year of your PR submission. If you already crossed the line of one year, you take it as early as possible. And send them both the scores at the time they ask you send all supporting docs. The problem with your present score is it will remain valid only for 2 yaers. But it is high chance that you will get a call not within this time; unless you apply from inside Canada.

Also I would suggest you to write to your Visa office (where you submitted your application) and ask them about it:

You can make either Case Specific Enquiry or a General Enquiry (try both if necessary). In my case, they replied with an answer to a general enquiry.

Hope this helps!
Why bother when this what it says at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/faq-simple.asp#Q14

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d’évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

PMM

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
The term "within one year of submitting your simplified application" confuses me. What do they mean by that: Before or After submitting?

PPM ?

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
I think to simplify matters ie remove any confusion, I would request PMM to please advise:
"What is suitable time for sitting in IELTS test for an applicant who has applied say in 2006"
Thanks
Cool

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

softncool said:
I think to simplify matters ie remove any confusion, I would request PMM to please advise:
"What is suitable time for sitting in IELTS test for an applicant who has applied say in 2006"
Thanks
Cool
Okay, if you applied on the 01/01/2007, the if the IELTS was taken between 02/01/2006 and 31/12/07 it would be valid

PMM

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Thanks PMM,
But I haven't taken IELTS and I am thinking for it. Just confused about suitable time.
Now keeping this in mind kindly advise, what will be suitable time for me.
Thanks
Cool

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Sadruddin said:

Hope this helps!
Why bother when this what it says at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/faq-simple.asp#Q14

Q14: I have just taken a language proficiency test at a designated organization (such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test d'évaluation de français (TEF)). Can I submit the results now?

If you apply after September 1, 2006, (under the simplified application process) no supporting documents are accepted at the outset. Please only submit your language test results once you have been asked by the visa office to submit supporting documentation. Any documents submitted prior to this will be returned. If you take the language test within one year of submitting your simplified application, those results remain valid and will be accepted as supporting documentation by the visa office.

PMM

How about if you took the IELTS test on 11/11/2006 then put in your application on 01/01/2007? Is it considered to be " within one year of submitting the simplified application"thus remaining valid?

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
ok, I think PMM already answered your question clearly!

Read again:

"Okay, if you applied on the 01/01/2007, the if the IELTS was taken between 02/01/2006 and 31/12/07 it would be valid

PMM"

Within 1 year = before or after, SIMPLE......! Case closed...

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
KayCee2 said:
ok, I think PMM already answered your question clearly!

Read again:

"Okay, if you applied on the 01/01/2007, the if the IELTS was taken between 02/01/2006 and 31/12/07 it would be valid

PMM"

Within 1 year = before or after, SIMPLE......! Case closed...
Thanks.Now it's clear.

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
This is what they replied by email to me when I asked about it (now i'm confused!):

"You would need to have completed a language test (which is normally valid for a year) prior to applying. Anything older than a year can still be submitted and it will be up to the discretion of the processing officer if this will be accepted or not.

thks,
Immigration Section/bureau d'immigrationCanadian Consulate General/Consulat Général du CanadaLevel 5, 111 Harrington StreetSydney NSW 2000Tel: +61-2-9364-3050 Fax: +61-2-9364-3099"