+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience (need to know if I could take a bus back to the US)

New_applicant

Nov 10, 2009
Hello,

I have a question for anyone who might know the answer:

if you are a non immigrant in the US but have a valid visa--->when you did your landing to Canada via Niagara falls land border and then came back to the US to provide your returning paperwork on the US side of the border, did you just go to the same line as US citizens and permanent residents or you had to go through a separate line for non-immigrants?

when I came to the US by air for example, they had separate lines for US citizens\permanent residents and non-immigrants (H1B, F1, etc). is it the same if I am coming back to the US by land?

I want to see if it is a good idea if I go by bus (it stops for 15 - 20 minutes I guess). I want to see if I will have time to catch it before it crosses the border as I guess they may not wait for all passengers. Otherwise I may chose to walk:)

what is a good bus that I may take for just crossing the border on Niagara falls? (I guess just to commute between the 2 sides of the bridge). Thank you.

New_applicant

Nov 10, 2009
just for the benifit of all:

I called the US customs at the Niagara falls border (their phone number in case you need to contact them is: 716-888-4924)

and they mentioned that they have the same lines for all (US citizens, permanent residents, and non immigrant visas) but they mentioned there is no guarantee for how long the processing takes (ofcourse), so they may hold non immigrants to longer times, which in may case may possibly mean...missing the bus:)

I thought I would share this for the benefit of everyone. Thanks.