+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience living where you are in CANADA

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
Hi all
I am curious to know people's experience from non-Ontario Canadian provinces (and cities for that matter) in terms of quality of life,access to benefits,facilities,environment,family friendly,community feeling etc

This will really help all immigrants who blindly or from word of mouth select destination province or people who would like to analyze what are available options other than Toronto,Vancouver,Montreal etc

For example ,

1. Hospitals
wait times(in emergency or non emergency) , experience delivering baby or other surgical procedures etc ,how doctors treat their patients etc etc

2. Walk in Clinics

Waiting times, Staff/management attitude & efficiency, general attitude of doctors to patients,issues etc if experienced any or is it crowded

Access to Pediatrician for children ,is it long wait to access a good doctor?

3. Schools

quality of education,environment,issues,concerns etc

4. Benefits & community run programs etc

how easy is it for new immigrants to access the community run programs ,is it overcrowded ,any issues,concerns etc

5. Health care services and Health cards etc - e.g. any waiting time for new immigrants, longer waits to get the card, during the period when the card is not received what are the issues faced

6. Community acceptance of immigrants - to what degree and any issues you have experienced?

7. Traffic - is it very busy,longer/shorter commute times to work,rate of accidents (low,med,high), high/low insurance rates etc etc

8. Access to free parks for families(with/without children)

9. Waiting times for Provincial services (e.g. in Ontario we have Service Ontario) -how much is the waiting times on average(in weekdays/Weekends),Difficulties faced (how much agents asks for verifications etc for certain requests,trust level and attitude)

Please add anything that i am missing from the above list. I am trying to see hows your experience living where you are/or lived in a particular area ,if e.g. job is not a factor.

*****YOUR input and sharing experiences is highly appreciated*********