File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody, I have a question please, in case a spouse is inadmissible because of a criminal record of her husband ( visitor visa refusal because of this ) if they divoce, do you think she will still be considered inadmissible ? I am not able to find an answer . Thanks a lot
Yes, a divorce would fix this. It's possible IRCC might ask the applicant to demonstrate the divorce is genuine and not done primarily for the purposes of facilitating entry into Canada. Also possible they might not ask for any evidence of this and just process the application.

Reactions: Ayanna

Katie_Kate

Apr 21, 2021
I am a PR and my mother had a visa refusal because my father has a criminal record, this is so unfair, my mother can't come visit her grand children and she is thinking about getting a divorce if it's the only solution, we are devastated :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a PR and my mother had a visa refusal because my father has a criminal record, this is so unfair, my mother can't come visit her grand children and she is thinking about getting a divorce if it's the only solution, we are devastated :(
Hmm... That's a trickier situation. IRCC is more likely to challenge if the divorce is genuine in this case.

Have your parents truly separated (i.e. living apart, no longer in a relationship)? Or would your mother be going through the divorce for the primary purpose of being able to travel to Canada?

If it's the second, then I wouldn't do it. She will run the risk of a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.

When was your father's conviction and when was the sentence / penalty completed? How close is he to qualifying to apply for rehabilitation?

Reactions: YVR123 and Ayanna

Katie_Kate

Apr 21, 2021
He was convicted for 3 years jail and a fine, he's out since 9 years now, the problem is he never paid the fine, and the court never asked him to pay the fine even if it's on the judgment, we submitted a rehabilitation application a month ago but i am afraid he will have a refusal because he never paid this fine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He was convicted for 3 years jail and a fine, he's out since 9 years now, the problem is he never paid the fine, and the court never asked him to pay the fine even if it's on the judgment, we submitted a rehabilitation application a month ago but i am afraid he will have a refusal because he never paid this fine.
I would pay the find now.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Rehabilitation application processing timeframe 12 to 18 you have enough time to pay the fine or he can request from judge Time serve case close and paid fine
It will show in $0 balance then your good to go

As long he has family members Canadian citizen or permanent residency IRCc maybe consider his application

Anil_G

Sep 29, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Nice to see and feel good from everybody's CR time line.

I applied for CR application by hiring a Canadian lawyer. My wife is PA and we have submitted PR Application as well.
My CR was submitted end of January 2021 and after few days PR application was submitted too.
Since they are only accepting paper application so my CR application was manually mailed to NDVO office which is in India.
Really strange on this part as a first world country but still not using digital forms of application.
It's been 9 months so far and no reply or document request. This could be due to office closure as well.

Did any body witness code "s.16 on top right of their GCMS notes? I guess it has something to do with additional review on PR Application due to CR.

Tc

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone,
Nice to see and feel good from everybody's CR time line.

I applied for CR application by hiring a Canadian lawyer. My wife is PA and we have submitted PR Application as well.
My CR was submitted end of January 2021 and after few days PR application was submitted too.
Since they are only accepting paper application so my CR application was manually mailed to NDVO office which is in India.
Really strange on this part as a first world country but still not using digital forms of application.
It's been 9 months so far and no reply or document request. This could be due to office closure as well.

Did any body witness code "s.16 on top right of their GCMS notes? I guess it has something to do with additional review on PR Application due to CR.

Tc
Try looking through this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
It's got a ton of information about GCMS notes! Hope it helps!

Quattro8825

Oct 6, 2021
Good evening everyone,

I am currently working on the CR application for a DUI from 2007. I had a TRP back around 2018 prior to the law change moving impaired driving into the serious criminality category. I was hoping one of you would be able to point me in the right direction regarding the equivalent Canadian law that I should attach to the application. I am leaning towards section 320.14(1) and 320.19 of the criminal code. I understand it used to be section 253, is that no longer the case post 2018 law change?

thank you everyone

djsunny12

Oct 24, 2021
Hi, i applied for Criminal Rehabilitation in November 2019 at the consulate of Chandigarh, India. I am using a paid representative. I have entered my representative's mailing address and email in the application. I have also included a Use of Representative form along with my application. As per my representative, they have not received any acknowledgement or Application Number till date. It been almost 2 years since my application was submitted. Now my representative is asking for $950 CAD to apply for GSMS Notes. We have no Application Number or anything to refer to. Please suggest what can i do. I am not sure if my representative is giving me correct information. I want to deal with IRCC directly and want my email and mailing address instead of my representative. Since there is no application number, no acknowledgement, no UCI Number. Please suggest how to go further and change my contact information, email, mailing address and cancel my representative.

Tommytomcat75

Oct 12, 2021
H
I would be happy to.

The offense occurred in the winter of 2014, and I was on probation until May 1st, 2015. I sent application to NYC consulate on May 1st. In July I got an email acknowledging receipt of my application in the middle of May (this disparity was confusing, but COVID-19...). I did not work with an attorney however I did have access to another individual who went through the TRP process. I could ask detailed questions about exactly what's needed, what sort of letters of reference are helpful, and even how to assemble the package.

I got my approval this morning.

My advice:

• it's helpful if you can speak with a previous applicant to better understand the checklist.
  • Organize your packet as best you can. I put the checklist on top, and put a numbered table of contents right below
  • For each item in the checklist, I took the number from my table of contents and put a post-it note with that number on it on the first page of the item. It appeared like a binder and the person reviewing could easily reference the documents (every little bit helps)
  • Be honest, and be complete. If you went to college in a different state than you were residing, go ahead and get a state police clearance/criminal history from that state. List your dorm room addresses. Give them complete information so there are no gaps, any gaps could be deemed suspicious in my opinion.
  • Check your checklist multiple times and make sure all documents are signed in the right place and have notarizations when needed
  • Do not send incomplete paperwork. It took me forever to find one last item that I felt necessary. I started on this process as early as I could, the last piece of paperwork I thought was needed, I managed to pick up in person the day the world came to a halt (March 12th). Fortune favors the prepared, I suppose.
  • Did you check your checklist multiple times?
  • Track your application package. This was kind of harrowing in May when it was unclear if the IRCC in NYC was even open. The relief I felt in July when I got confirmation of receipt was quite a thing
Good luck, and be patient.
How did you track your CR application package?

Dec 1, 2021
Has anyone applied with 2 Duis, or more than 1 of something similar? Wondering if all they really care about is 5 years have passed or if i should wait longer as to not waste my time.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Has anyone applied with 2 Duis, or more than 1 of something similar? Wondering if all they really care about is 5 years have passed or if i should wait longer as to not waste my time.
I've heard that IRCC does not take DUIs lightly so you should probably wait the full 5 years and not waste your time/money/efforts on putting in a rehabilitation application early. If you did need a TRP they might let it happen for a special enough occasion (e.g., wedding, funeral) but I would guess they would not approve a rehabilitation application this early. That's just my impression from what I've read on these forums, but I'm no lawyer and don't have a lot of experience/knowledge of similar cases, so take my opinion as you will.

isjakalu86

Dec 17, 2021
Does anyone know if the Mexico VAC office has delays? May Application was received on Jan 31,2020 and I still have not received a response.