+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please share your experience about Criminal Rehabilitation application in 2017

kkhopeful

Jan 19, 2020
Reactions: StellaArtois

JDBCA

Dec 13, 2019
Wowww congratulations!! Good to know that they are still being processed during COVID. I wonder why yours was so fast. Did you use a lawyer?
I did not use a lawyer - I submitted everything on my behalf. I did however consult with a lawyer to get advice on what to include in my packet. I made sure to include everything I possibly could in the packet: letter from my employer stating how long I have been employed, letters of reference from members of the community, University degree, etc. At the beginning of the packet I also included a "Table of Contents" with each "section" of my packet clearly labeled with Post-It Tabs. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for the agent. Good luck everyone!

kkhopeful

Jan 19, 2020
I did not use a lawyer - I submitted everything on my behalf. I did however consult with a lawyer to get advice on what to include in my packet. I made sure to include everything I possibly could in the packet: letter from my employer stating how long I have been employed, letters of reference from members of the community, University degree, etc. At the beginning of the packet I also included a "Table of Contents" with each "section" of my packet clearly labeled with Post-It Tabs. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for the agent. Good luck everyone!
Well done! That's good advice for anyone who is submitting on their own, thank you for sharing.

seppen fridge

Mar 4, 2020
Well done! That's good advice for anyone who is submitting on their own, thank you for sharing.
It absolutely is great advice. I actually did this on my submission - cover letter with table of contents, and post-it tabs for each section.

If only they'd email me that they received it. I'm starting to get concerned that my police certificates will get to be more than 6 months old by the time they open the thing. Yes, I worked on my application that long.

Dman1977

Mar 8, 2020
Woohoo!!! The Process does work!! Just received my Criminal Rehab approval notification today (June 25, 2020), So clearly they are still processing applications despite COVID-19.

here is a recap of my timeline:

Sept 2012- DUI arrest(.15 bac) WA state

Jan 15, 2013 - Sentencing Date- DUI reduced to Negligent Driving, 2 years unsupervised probation, 90 day drivers license suspension.

Jan 15, 2015 case closed and Negligent Driving conviction entered.

Jan 15, 2020- eligible for CR.

Jan 25, 2020- sent completed CR package to NY IRCC (Canadian consulate)

Feb 13, 2020- received e mailed confirmation that my package was received, given my application and UCI number, and told 6-12 months processing times.

June 25, 2020- Approval for Criminal Rehabilitation received via email, exactly 5 months after I mailed in my packet.

You can absolutely do your TRP And CR applications without a lawyer. You simply need to pay attention to detail and include everything they ask for and be as clear, concise, and honest as possible where they require statements and explanations. Most importantly, you need to prove to them that you have matured and detail how you have grown/changed since your past indiscretion(s).

Last edited:

seppen fridge

Mar 4, 2020
Woohoo!!! The Process does work!! Just received my Criminal Rehab approval notification today (June 25, 2020), So clearly they are still processing applications despite COVID-19.

...snip
Congratulations!

Still no email that they even received my application, some 2 months after I've sent it to them. Ugh

Dman1977

Mar 8, 2020
Congratulations!

Still no email that they even received my application, some 2 months after I've sent it to them. Ugh
Fingers crossed for you. It sounds like if you sent it in 2 months ago, it was probably received during the height of Covid in NYC (where the Canadian Consulate that handles CRs is located). My guess is that there were some closures. I’d say give it a couple more weeks and then gently nudge them with an email.

Tastinator

Jul 4, 2020
Does anyone have a copy of what the acceptance email is like? (sorry if i missed it in the previous threads) real curious. I just sent mine off last week though, heard people had it back in a week, so hoping that'll be one for me haha.

Min K

Jul 5, 2020
In my case, I applied for it in April 2019 and was asked for an additional document in Jan 2020 but since then, nothing so far. It is due to COVID-19? You guys think Manila visa office is still working?

AngeloStuart

Jun 26, 2020
HEY!NEW GUY CAME HERE TO REPORT.

CANADA TOURIST VISA (CRT) REJECTED ME 3 TIMES,

I HAD ONE MISDEMEANOR CONVICTION ON AUG 10,2014 IN ARIZONA US.
END PROBATION ON MIDDLE OF MAY 2015.

ON OCT 2015 I BECAME U.S. ASYLEE STATUS,
THEN I WANTED TRAVEL TO CANADA AND APPLIED CRT AND CR ALSO REJECTED IT, TOTALLY 4 TIEMS REJECTION.

ONE YEAR AFTER, I BECAME TO U.S. GREEN CARD HOLDER I CAN VISA FREE TO CANADA.

ON MAY 2017, I USED GREEN CARD CROSSED BORDER TO NIAGARA FALLS, ONTARIO, CANADA
AND DEPORTED ME IMMEDIATELY,
THE CANADA IMMIGRATION OFFICER TOLD ME WHEN 5 YEARS AFTER THE SENTENCE I CAN APPLY CRIMINAL REHABILITATION,

MY CONVICTION WAS SET ASIDE(ARIZONA STATE ONLY HAVE SET ASIDE),
THE INDECMENT WAS DISMISSED ON JUN 2020.

JUN 08, 2020 SUBMITTED CR APPLICATION TO NEW YOR IRCC.
JUN 11,2020 THE VO CHECKED MY CASE (SEAL ON IMM1444 FRIST PAGE AND FEE RECEIPT )AND RETURNS MY CASE TO ME
NOTE: NEED EVERY STATES POLICE CERTIFICATES SINCE OVER 18 YEARS OLD,
JULY 02,2020 I RESUBMITTED IT.

RECENTLY, I ALSO APPLIED NATURALIZATION TO U.S. CITIZEN BUT THE COVID-19 WILL DEFINATELY AFFECTS BOTH.

I WILL FOLLOW UP MY CASE'S PROCESSING.
I HOPE APPROVAL BOTH THAT ASAP.
APPRECIATED EVERYONE SHARE THE USEFUL NEWS.

HAVE A NICE DAY!