+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Please Read] Colleges Comparison in Toronto

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
due to my ielts scores, im left to choose from these colleges..

1. seneca
2. sheridan
3. mohawk
4. fleming
5. humber

my questions (please answer all questions correctly, i dont want any mess) thanks :)

1. are all of them great colleges? meaning if i graduated from them, can i get job fast and with great salary?
2. do employers in canada look for "college attended", like if college makes an impact in the resume/CV?
3. which of them do you think is best for computer engineering / computer and network support technician / and other computer courses?? what i want is more on physical work, i dont want to just sit all day and program, codes, web design, etc..
4. is racism present (in high level)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. They are all good colleges. However none of them will guarantee you a job quickly after finishing school with a great salaray. I will single out Sheridan for being extremely strong and known worldwide for certain programs (e.g. animation, medical technical illustration). However since you aren't interested in these areas of study, this doesn't apply to you.
2. Employers typically look for university degrees first and then college degrees second.
3. I don't know.
4. No

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. meaning college graduates have to wait for a long time to get into a better-paying-job?
2. really, now that s*cks, i have to choose college coz of one 5.5 i got in IELTS bands. :(

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
1. They are all good colleges. However none of them will guarantee you a job quickly after finishing school with a great salaray. I will single out Sheridan for being extremely strong and known worldwide for certain programs (e.g. animation, medical technical illustration). However since you aren't interested in these areas of study, this doesn't apply to you.
2. Employers typically look for university degrees first and then college degrees second.
1. you said that "cannot guarantee for a job quickly",, is this statement also applies to graduates from Universities?
2. universities first, then colleges, but still is there a BIG chance that they get gradutes from colleges?

right now im depressed, i need clear answers :(

also please answer.
3. since i took Bachelor of Science in Information Systems 4 year course in my current country, can i take networking/technician support/security 2 year course in canada then have a good job?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Applies to everyone. A college or university education does not guarantee a job.
2. I'm not sure I understand this question.
3. Again, there's no guarantee you'll get a good job in your field immediately even with that background.

Unfortunately the only clear answer I can give is that no one can guarantee that you will get the kind of job you want (or any job) if you come to Canada and complete your studies here.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so what should i expect? should i be expecting struggling in canada after graduation?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
so what should i expect? should i be expecting struggling in canada after graduation?
It's your choice. You can choose to live in Canada or outside Canada after graduation.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reply to first question of original Post

As others have said, a college or university education does not guarantee you a job but it SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASES your chances of getting a job. Just like any other country, there are many people in Canada, with Canadian education, who are unable to get a job in their field or who are underemployed (working in jobs below their qualification).

Yes, the college/university attended will make a impact on employers. However, generally, the differences between the colleges you listed are not huge. Employers generally will look at university versus public college versus private colleges differently

Good luck

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
scylla said:
3. I don't know.
4. No
It is not true that employers look for University degrees first then college Diplomas, as least, not so in Canada. Its a misconception that employers look for Uni degrees first. It actually all depends on the job requirement and the qualifications required for the job itself. It fact, the current trend in Canada, if one is knowledgeable is that Technical diploma holders are able to land jobs faster and easier than those with Uni degrees unless u have ample relevant job experience for the job u are applying for. In fact, recent statistics indicate that many uni degree holders who are unable to find jobs are going back to colleges to get professional diplomas cause their degree could not land them jobs that they had degrees in.