Jun 5, 2009
Kinshasa, RD Congo
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-04-2008
Hi all am shaft. me nd my family are waiting 4 a perm. res. visa to join my mum in montreal. the e-cas said our case is closed (still in process as status) at the cio sydney, in a scale of 1-10 wat # will you give my case 2 finish (1-begin to 10-end) thnx.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Without knowing your particular timeline and when it started it's hard to tell you anything. Who is your mom sponsoring exactly? Is it just her dependants or her husband etc.

mssbola

Jun 5, 2009
Kinshasa, RD Congo
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-04-2008
Thnx 4 ur reply, i submited my app. on 8 of april last year and they told me my case takes 6 months, my mum is sponsoring me, my dad, my brother and sister, we r now on 14th months, do you know any case similar to mine?

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
How old are you and your siblings and are you or are they married or in common-law relationships? It's hard to help without a little bit more information...

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Ok now you have made it more clear. Spousal cases in Sydney seem to be clearing 80% of applications by 8 months. Has your Dad or Mom received any correspondence from the Sydney visa office? Is your mom a PR or a Citizen? If she is in Canada she can go to her local MP and ask the MP to make an enquiry on your case. Also your mother can order CAIPS notes to see what might be delaying your file. Things that delay are background checks on anyone that is over 18 and perhaps they are waiting for documents that need to be submitted etc. Your father or you can make a case specific enquiry with your file number to the Sydney office as you are well over normal processing time.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=sydney
Hope that helps

mssbola

Jun 5, 2009
Kinshasa, RD Congo
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-04-2008
Thnx guys (boncuk) for your help, that link really help a lot dunno hw to thank you.