+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please,pls Read this, its important (study permit extension, received strange ans from IRCC )

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone ,
I applied for study permit extension on 24 Sept 2019 , still waiting for decision. I used every method to get information about this delay :
web form : 3 times
Called and spoke to IRCC agent : more than 16 times including today' call
Study permit expired : 30 November 2019
Graduated on 28th January 2020
Currently on implied status and yesterday I applied for post graduation work permit.
Today I Called to IRCC and received a unexpected answer about study permit extension application :

Agent said that your study permit extension application is randomly selected for quality assurance purpose and It will take time up to April 2020 for final decision .This is shocking for me . The second shocking statement for me is agent said , even you applied for post graduation work permit but cannot work full time because you are on the implied status of student so you can only work 20 hours per week .But when I asked from her that your website is saying you must stop working as a student after you received official confirmation of study completion .Then she was not able to answer my this question.

Then she advised me to sent a web form to case processing center
Edmonton , I refused to do that because that is useless , I asked from her , please provide me other alternative for contact , then she said you can write a letter to Edmonton office about this situation and write URGENT on it and send through registered mail. so I did that , sent a letter to Edmonton . I wrote everything , how right now so many students in this situation , please come up with new rule or policy for students graduated under implied status to apply for PGWP.

Thank you for reading .
Scylla, canuck_in_uk , Your Any thoughts related to my awkward case would be highly appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone ,
I applied for study permit extension on 24 Sept 2019 , still waiting for decision. I used every method to get information about this delay :
web form : 3 times
Called and spoke to IRCC agent : more than 16 times including today' call
Study permit expired : 30 November 2019
Graduated on 28th January 2020
Currently on implied status and yesterday I applied for post graduation work permit.
Today I Called to IRCC and received a unexpected answer about study permit extension application :

Agent said that your study permit extension application is randomly selected for quality assurance purpose and It will take time up to April 2020 for final decision .This is shocking for me . The second shocking statement for me is agent said , even you applied for post graduation work permit but cannot work full time because you are on the implied status of student so you can only work 20 hours per week .But when I asked from her that your website is saying you must stop working as a student after you received official confirmation of study completion .Then she was not able to answer my this question.

Then she advised me to sent a web form to case processing center
Edmonton , I refused to do that because that is useless , I asked from her , please provide me other alternative for contact , then she said you can write a letter to Edmonton office about this situation and write URGENT on it and send through registered mail. so I did that , sent a letter to Edmonton . I wrote everything , how right now so many students in this situation , please come up with new rule or policy for students graduated under implied status to apply for PGWP.
Thank you for reading .

Scylla, canuck_in_uk , Your Any thoughts related to my awkward case would be highly appreciated.
Can't speak to the delay.

You can continue working full-time on Implied Status.

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Is this happen to some one before, like application selection for quality assurance purpose .
Ya Thank you for reply, I will start working full time because financially I am not in good situation I explained this thing as well in letter .

Nav_deep

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes, apps are chosen for quality assurance.
oh No but this is not fair , they just keeping someone's application longer than normal and without caring what will to that person's future application decisions ,seriously I am shocked with this and this is happening in country like Canada I know quality assurance is important for every business and services ,but they should use another alternative for this instead of playing with someone's future.:(:(:(:(

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
oh No but this is not fair , they just keeping someone's application longer than normal and without caring what will to that person's future application decisions ,seriously I am shocked with this and this is happening in country like Canada I know quality assurance is important for every business and services ,but they should use another alternative for this instead of playing with someone's future.:(:(:(:(
Can you please check your private inbox if you don't mind. O asked a few questions in there.

Reactions: Akarshit