+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please please review my profile for SPP Visa. its bit different!

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hey guys,

I had got an offer letter from Fanshawe College for Information Security Management. I have paid the entire one year tution fee and also am done with GIC. I have filed for Student Visa (SPP Category) on 29th July. However, i wish to know my visa chances. Here is my profile:
SSC 2004- 58%
HSC 2006- 46%

After completing my HSC, my family had to face some unforeseen financial problems and hence, I started working as a freelance content writer with an Internet Marketing consultancy. So, I couldn't immediately pursue or even think of doing my graduation. But, things stabilized after a few years with the revision of my father's pay scales and I eventually decided to do my graduation. As IT was in boom during that time, i planned to go for BSC IT for the want of a secure career. To my fortune, i came across a well established and recognized university named PERIYAR UNIVERSITY ( UGC, AICTE, DEC approved )which permitted me to complete my BSC IT with the academic gap years in one sitting through distance learning mode ( I gave all the subjects of BSC IT in one sitting as I had an academic gap of more than three years from the time I passed HSC and also it helped me save years and time). I gave all the exams of BSC IT in December 2011 except for one exam of Maths due to some temporary health problems. However, I wrote the Maths exam too in June 2012 i.e.in the next sitting. I finally passed BSC IT in JUNE 2012 with 58% aggregate. I even got my marksheets and provisional certificate for the same which I have submitted to the Visa Officer alongwith other documents.
Meanwhile, as IT is a broad and diversified field, I happened to get interested in the Information Security domain of IT. In this connection, I appeared for the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert in Network Security written examination in April 2012 and passed with 951 out of 1000. I have attached this certificate too in my visa file. After passing my BSC IT in June 2012, I have been working with the same Internet Marketing consultancy as a Content Writer till now.
Therefore, from Jan 2007 (after I completed my HSC ) to August 2013 ( till date ), I am equipped with 6 and a half years of experience. I have enclosed my work experience certificate also in my visa file. As far as my extra curriculars are concerned, I have some articles written by me published in leading Indian newspapers too which I have submitted in my visa file. My IELTS score is aggregate 7 band- Reading-7, Listening-7, Writing- 6.5, Speaking- 7.5. Also, I have written a strong SOP.
I am very much tensed about getting my student visa for Information Security Management course in Fanshawe college this Fall. I will be so grateful to you my friends if you kindly analyze my profile and offer a honest review and feedback about my visa chances!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhanu Chander Reddy

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hi.,ur profile is good but not excellent i can say.,and as it is a one year program i guess changes of getting visa will b more ..,
And i heard GIC applicants most of them are getting there visas.,

and i submitted my file at VFS hyd., and my profile is as follows :-

My profile :-
10th :- 83%
Diploma in Computer Engineering :-81%
IELTS :- 6 OVERALL., (R=5.5,L=6,W=6,S=6.5)
Program Applied :- Internet Programming and Database Management (Co-op) which is post graduate Diploma.,
One year Experience as System Administrator in Private Company.

DeepVirk

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-05-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
04-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
Your overall profile is good, So don't worry you will get the Visa :)

brainmoore

Oct 25, 2014
I have experience in internet marketing industry and have been looking to make my career in this one. I would be interested to work abroad in the same filed any offer will be a plus.