+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please on the spousal sponsorship form do i put employed or unemployed if on maternity leave??

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
please great men and women of the house, do i put unemployed or employed if on maternity leave? my spouse has a full time job with Prairie Mountain Health as a Health care aide worker and has her employment letter with her, because she is planning on sponsoring me and she will be on maternity leave soon. thank you

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Ask her employer!
hello her employer said she will still be with them after she is done with her maternity leave. which means she will return to them after her maternity. for the spousal sponsorship form do i thick that she is unemployed? or thick she is working in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that means she is employed! If you still in doubt, ask her employer to put in writing!

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
thank you steak, so are you saying we should thick that she works in Canada despite being on Maternity leave. and we can submit her letter of employment along with it. does she need to declare that she is on maternity leave too? and i feel that saying she is unemployed means she doesn't have any employment at all .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
please great men and women of the house, do i put unemployed or employed if on maternity leave? my spouse has a full time job with Prairie Mountain Health as a Health care aide worker and has her employment letter with her, because she is planning on sponsoring me and she will be on maternity leave soon. thank you
Write on maternity leave

Sep 9, 2020
I was on mat leave when I submitted my sponsor application. I believe I just said I was on mat leave and submitted my previous years income statement and emails discussing an offer of employment I have in Canada. Wasn’t a solid job offer either, but I do have a profession that’s fairly in demand.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I was on mat leave when I submitted my sponsor application. I believe I just said I was on mat leave and submitted my previous years income statement and emails discussing an offer of employment I have in Canada. Wasn’t a solid job offer either, but I do have a profession that’s fairly in demand.
Thank you for your input, were you approved as a sponsor after submit all this?

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Write on maternity leave
Ok I am gonna write a letter talking the maternity leave, I just need to know if am to thick either unemployed or I should thick that I work in Canada then add a letter of employment and letter stating that am on maternity leave. Because I only have two options to choose from, either unemployed or working in Canada.

Sep 9, 2020
Thank you for your input, were you approved as a sponsor after submit all this?
Yes. I also included proof I had sat the board exams for my profession in order to be able to work in Canada. Basically I just tried to show that I have a history of earning and the ability to earn money when not on maternity leave.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Yes. I also included proof I had sat the board exams for my profession in order to be able to work in Canada. Basically I just tried to show that I have a history of earning and the ability to earn money when not on maternity leave.
thank you for the reply, so since you were on MAT leave then, did you pick that you were unemployed on the checklist, or did you say you were employed. because my spouse is employed but going on mat leave. should i pick employed then back it up with a letter saying she is on mat leave. because i don't think there is an option on the checklist were it says to choose MAT leave if on one.

Sep 9, 2020
thank you for the reply, so since you were on MAT leave then, did you pick that you were unemployed on the checklist, or did you say you were employed. because my spouse is employed but going on mat leave. should i pick employed then back it up with a letter saying she is on mat leave. because i don't think there is an option on the checklist were it says to choose MAT leave if on one.
I said employed.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I said employed.
sorry to bother you boss, did you just write about the MAT leave on a separate sheet of paper? after picking that you were working and did you add employment letter given to you when you first got the job or you requested for a new employment letter for the purpose of the immigration while on MAT leave. once again thank you for your input

Sep 9, 2020
I’m not sure I even mentioned mat leave. When you are on mat leave you are employed (even if not being paid). I listed my employer, provided my previous year’s income statement and some emails showing I was talking to an employer in Canada and proof that I sat my board exams to be eligible to work in Canada already. I stated somewhere also that I could provide bank statements to show that I had enough money to support my family, but they never asked for them. I do have a professional job, so my earning potential is good enough. I don’t think they care so much about the particulars, just to be able to show that you could get a job and you are capable of earning money when you arrive. My husband (the applicant) earns far more than me and is our main financial provider so it’s a bit funny, but I’m sure if you both have previous employment histories and the ability to work in future in Canada, it’s all fine.

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I’m not sure I even mentioned mat leave. When you are on mat leave you are employed (even if not being paid). I listed my employer, provided my previous year’s income statement and some emails showing I was talking to an employer in Canada and proof that I sat my board exams to be eligible to work in Canada already. I stated somewhere also that I could provide bank statements to show that I had enough money to support my family, but they never asked for them. I do have a professional job, so my earning potential is good enough. I don’t think they care so much about the particulars, just to be able to show that you could get a job and you are capable of earning money when you arrive. My husband (the applicant) earns far more than me and is our main financial provider so it’s a bit funny, but I’m sure if you both have previous employment histories and the ability to work in future in Canada, it’s all fine.
okay thank you, she actually works as an health care aide, and we both live in Canada already, am an international student and i work part time with the Manitoba government. she earns more than i do though. and yes she has good history of jobs she has done in the past and all of them reflect on her previous income statements. and we have joint account together and with some money in it. i hope that works for us. thank you