+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please need some serious help regarding GIC. Urgent

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
My situation regarding GIC is really messed up. I applied for SCotia Bank Account on 17th Nov, But still I didn't got my Account details to wire money. I think I will get my Bank detail from scotia bank on 25th Nov (Scotia bank is closed on sat and sun). Problem is when I will wire 10100$ on 25th Nov I will not get my GIC certificate before 1st Dec. I talked to my Councillor regarding this, but she is not worried,She is telling 1st dec is deadline for Paper-based visa application and that we can apply online for visa even after 1st Dec. But I am really nervous.
So there any other way I can skip GIC. Following thing I can do ,please reply
1. Can I get education loan and skip GIC. I have talk to bank they are saying they can give loan in a week. Than how much loan I have to take . My Concordia University semester fee is $6517. If I pay one semester fee than how much loan I have to show.
2. Can I take any other loan like loan on Fixed Deposit, and show it to CIC and skip GIC. I can get this loan in one day. And any additional documentation please mention.
3. I can easily get a bank statement. Can I use this. I can get statement till 50 lakhs in one day.

If there is any other way please mention it.
I have already taken CAQ and health checkup.
I have money to pay one semester fee. please help. This is my last call for study abroad.

parabha3

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
u r good to go. u have 50 laks in ur account, get ur sponsors ITR, CA certificate showing movable and immovable property. good sop. thats all

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
parabha3 said:
u r good to go. u have 50 laks in ur account, get ur sponsors ITR, CA certificate showing movable and immovable property. good sop. thats all
But the main problem is Gic. Even if try hard I can't get Gic before 1st Dec. So even if it is somewhat late like till 2-5 Dec can I file online visa application. And what will be success chances. My classes are starting on 7th jan

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
sush123 said:
GIC is not mandatory for university category... so u can skip gic n show bank statements, ITR,movable n immovable property... with strong sop
Do i need to show passbook of my sponsor or just the bank statement mentioning that i have capacity to pay 50 lakhs is enough. Is ITR compulsary.

I can pay my tuition fee. And can I show 10000 CAD in bank account as Fixed deposit. Here what they have mentioned at canadian Government website.

As an alternate option, you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for your tuition fee) AND a copy of an Educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to $10 000 CAD. See information on the following page for the list of acceptable banks.

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
You can apply for education loan against FD, Bank will sanction the loan in 2-3 Day's. But If you will take loan against property that would take 1 weeks to prepare documentsy then one more week to sanction the loan by bank.

GIC certificate will take one week after making the wire transfer.

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
lucky_always24 said:
You can apply for education loan against FD, Bank will sanction the loan in 2-3 Day's. But If you will take loan against property that would take 1 weeks to prepare documentsy then one more week to sanction the loan by bank.

GIC certificate will take one week after making the wire transfer.
Can I pay my 1 semester fee and get 10000$ education loan(It will not need security) , Is it possible. OR Can I just show fixed deposit in bank in place GIC's 10000$ and bank statement,CA valuation report

I am considering GIC best, but i will get wire tranfer details may on 25 nov. Than I think GIC will not arrive till 1st dec. I think it will take more than a week. If GIC do not arrive by 1st dec than I am gone. It is a big risk.

Rohit leel

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
AkashdeepS said:
My situation regarding GIC is really messed up. I applied for SCotia Bank Account on 17th Nov, But still I didn't got my Account details to wire money. I think I will get my Bank detail from scotia bank on 25th Nov (Scotia bank is closed on sat and sun). Problem is when I will wire 10100$ on 25th Nov I will not get my GIC certificate before 1st Dec. I talked to my Councillor regarding this, but she is not worried,She is telling 1st dec is deadline for Paper-based visa application and that we can apply online for visa even after 1st Dec. But I am really nervous.
So there any other way I can skip GIC. Following thing I can do ,please reply
1. Can I get education loan and skip GIC. I have talk to bank they are saying they can give loan in a week. Than how much loan I have to take . My Concordia University semester fee is $6517. If I pay one semester fee than how much loan I have to show.
2. Can I take any other loan like loan on Fixed Deposit, and show it to CIC and skip GIC. I can get this loan in one day. And any additional documentation please mention.
3. I can easily get a bank statement. Can I use this. I can get statement till 50 lakhs in one day.

If there is any other way please mention it.
I have already taken CAQ and health checkup.
I have money to pay one semester fee. please help. This is my last call for study abroad.

Well u r little late but that deadline is recommendation.. even if u apply before 7 december ( usually one month before start of classes ) . then visa officer will be assured that u can start ur classes in time.. :) whereas In general category , processing time is higher and rate of visa is slight less because gic can assure VO that student have proper one year residence funds. :)

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
Rohit leel said:
Well u r little late but that deadline is recommendation.. even if u apply before 7 december ( usually one month before start of classes ) . then visa officer will be assured that u can start ur classes in time.. :) whereas In general category , processing time is higher and rate of visa is slight less because gic can assure VO that student have proper one year residence funds. :)
I think if i go with GIC than I think i can get GIC certificate by 3-4th dec. But my real problem is 1st december deadline. My classes are starting on 7th Jan. so can i apply visa on 3-4 dec after getting GIC certificate.

student1234

Nov 23, 2014
hello everyone.
i have a query regarding Gic.
i got my account number on 14th nov, and tried depositing my funds of 10130 CAD on 17th but on 18th morning i got a phone call from my hdfc bank manager saying that my money is gone on hold as they require the transit number and bank code. now wanting to turn up things fast and not loose a day as am already late for my visa filing i tried finding the transit code online and even my manger told that they were using 52712 earlier for their past transactions and i also saw the same transit code on scotia bank website. so i asked my bank to go ahead with it. and funds were gone and got the swift copy next day on 19th. but on the same night when i called scotia bank to confirm this to my horror they said this an old transit number and it got changed to 03996. i was very tensed i explained my whole story to them to which they replied saying "its too early to say anything as it takes upto 5 days for us to receive the funds and it might get transferred into my account so just wait" now after this i have been continuously calling them regarding this and till Friday which was 4th day from my transaction they have still not received my funds in my account. now all my information during the transaction is correct expect for the transit code. will it be a problem to get my gic on time as the deadline is almost near. i am really worried from past one week please help. also worst case can i apply under spp with my swift copy,.?? pls help.

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
http://canada-banks-info.com/routing-numbers/the-bank-of-nova-scotia-routing-numbers/

if you give wrong transit number , they will receive funds which would be put on hold for confirmation a there will be mimatch of account number and transit number and they'll eek clarification from hdfc bank to provide correct transit number .

transit number is like ifsc code here baically u have us given account number of one branch and ifsc code/ transit number of another branch.

in india if u would have done rtg or neft with incorrect ifsc u get fund returned , but when i worked with icici bank we used to get mail to seek additional clarification from customer while they used to keep funds on hold

student1234

Nov 23, 2014
rackishaquarian said:
if you give wrong transit number , they will receive funds which would be put on hold for confirmation a there will be mimatch of account number and transit number and they'll eek clarification from hdfc bank to provide correct transit number .

transit number is like ifsc code here baically u have us given account number of one branch and ifsc code/ transit number of another branch.

in india if u would have done rtg or neft with incorrect ifsc u get fund returned , but when i worked with icici bank we used to get mail to seek additional clarification from customer while they used to keep funds on hold
thanks a lot.. so what shud i do now? go to the hdfc bank and ask them to send the correct clarification for this transit number? pls help as i am very close to my deadline.