+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please, Need Advice!!

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
History: I am from Ukraine, my husband is Canadian. Officially married in December 2019, now we live in Canada, I have an open visitor visa.

Already collected all the documents for sponsorship process, it remains only to pay. We plan to do inland process with OWP.

The other day I found out that I am pregnant, insurance does not cover such a case. I think at 3-4 months of pregnancy to go home to Ukraine to pass the basic tests.

Is I can pass medical test if I am pregnant?

I wanted to ask when I get work permit and I have a social insurance number, what it will give me in terms of using benefits of medicine or will I still have to pay in full?
I afraid that because of COVID 19 process can be logger as usually

According to medical indications I will need to do a cesarean section and it will cost around $ 15-17 thousand - and we can not afford it.
Maybe it is better to do outland process and will have a baby in Ukraine?

Can someone recommend something ? What is better to do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
History: I am from Ukraine, my husband is Canadian. Officially married in December 2019, now we live in Canada, I have an open visitor visa.

Already collected all the documents for sponsorship process, it remains only to pay. We plan to do inland process with OWP.

The other day I found out that I am pregnant, insurance does not cover such a case. I think at 3-4 months of pregnancy to go home to Ukraine to pass the basic tests.

Is I can pass medical test if I am pregnant?

I wanted to ask when I get work permit and I have a social insurance number, what it will give me in terms of using benefits of medicine or will I still have to pay in full?
I afraid that because of COVID 19 process can be logger as usually

According to medical indications I will need to do a cesarean section and it will cost around $ 15-17 thousand - and we can not afford it.
Maybe it is better to do outland process and will have a baby in Ukraine?

Can someone recommend something ? What is better to do?
What province do you live in? Having a Chest x-ray will be something you should discuss with your doctor. You can’t leave Canada if you apply inland. A short visit of 2-3 weeks seems tolerated but if you leave for 3-4 months your sponsorship should be refused. You can apply Outland if you would like to spend time in Ukraine.

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
What province do you live in? Having a Chest x-ray will be something you should discuss with your doctor. You can’t leave Canada if you apply inland. A short visit of 2-3 weeks seems tolerated but if you leave for 3-4 months your sponsorship should be refused. You can apply Outland if you would like to spend time in Ukraine.
I am in British Columbia

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in British Columbia
You should qualify for MSP so you should apply to start the waiting period. You would not be able to go to Ukraine during the wait period. You will be responsible if anything happens in the next few months so hopefully you have emergency medical insurance.

Reactions: Belarusian

UkraineOlga

Feb 10, 2020
You should qualify for MSP so you should apply to start the waiting period. You would not be able to go to Ukraine during the wait period. You will be responsible if anything happens in the next few months so hopefully you have emergency medical insurance.
Can I apply to MSP now? or after I get work permit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I apply to MSP now? or after I get work permit?
You should qualify as a spouse of a Canadian citizen and resident based on my knowledge of MSP. Rules are different in every province. For example you would not qualify in Ontario until you had a work permit and a full-time job that lasts over 6 months.