+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please ignore

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Did you wait long enough to travel to Canada? What was the reason they opened your application after confirmation?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Why aren't you posting the full letter like I'm asking you to do? You're not giving us the complete, full information about why this occurred which means we can only guess and that's a waste of time. I want you to post the FULL letter from IRCC. They wouldn't have done this without giving you a reason.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
The Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and Visa Counterfoil (expiry date of 2023/08/11)
currently in your possession have been cancelled. Your application has been re-opened and therefore your
CoPRs are not valid for travel.
Please follow the instructions in the Ready for Visa letter and return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil
currently in your possession.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at:
http://www.canada.ca/immigration.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
www.canada.ca
Thank you. This doesn't even make sense - can you check your GCKey/PR Portal and see if there are any other messages? By any chance did you change/renew your passport after you got your COPR but before travelling?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
The Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents and Visa Counterfoil (expiry date of 2023/08/11)
currently in your possession have been cancelled. Your application has been re-opened and therefore your
CoPRs are not valid for travel.
Please follow the instructions in the Ready for Visa letter and return the COPR and Visa Counterfoil
currently in your possession.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at:
http://www.canada.ca/immigration.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
www.canada.ca
Did you in past inform IRCC about any change in family composition ? eg . addition of spouse or child etc. or removal of dependents

nilamp

Apr 10, 2023
Thank you. This doesn't even make sense - can you check your GCKey/PR Portal and see if there are any other messages? By any chance did you change/renew your passport after you got your COPR but before travelling?
No i did not get anything in gckey. Only this this letter. and also I did not make any changes in passport.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Unbelievable, why would they do this now, without an explanation!? I would watch out for a letter over the next 24 hours or a few days and change/cancel your flight. This is unheard of.

johnyjohn123

Sep 25, 2023
Again, this may be the case, but can't confirm. What was the reason they opened your case? They should have mentioned it in the letter. Background issues, employment case?
We got our copr and visa stamping in last week of August, planned for travel in mid October but now received message in gckey that copr cancelled , please help, what steps to take please help, so much problem

johnyjohn123

Sep 25, 2023
Unbelievable, why would they do this now, without an explanation!? I would watch out for a letter over the next 24 hours or a few days and change/cancel your flight. This is unheard of.
We got our copr and visa stamping in last week of August, planned for travel in mid October but now received message in gckey that copr cancelled , please help, what steps to take please help, so much problem

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
This seems something new. If and when they cancel your copr, they would provide a letter explaining the reason behind it. Did you receive anything?