+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE i NEED YOUR COMMENT

larry007

Mar 7, 2013
I just completed my bsc microbiology in India(pune) and am looking forward in securing admission for MASTER in Canada,but 16years of study is required there,but am having 15years.Can i apply for a PG course for 1year with my 15years of study?and with them,can I apply for a master course???? Plz comment thank you all

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its probably due to the length of degrees in canada vs India i.e. 4 years vs 3

you would get a better idea if you contact the school you are interested in to see what your options are but i dont see a problem.

tiger007

Champion Member
larry007 said:
I just completed my bsc microbiology in India(pune) and am looking forward in securing admission for MASTER in Canada,but 16years of study is required there,but am having 15years.Can i apply for a PG course for 1year with my 15years of study?and with them,can I apply for a master course???? Plz comment thank you all
Hi,

1. Canadian universities need a 4 year degree/ 16 years of education for admission to their Master degree programs. Usually for applicants from India, it has to be a Univ. recognized 4 years (or more) degree like B.E, B. Arch. Etc. Or a 3 year Bachelor's degree + 1 or 2 year Masters degree. And applicants from India, must have a minimum B grade or score minimum 60% in the final 2 years of their studies, to be considered for admission.

2. I cannot say whether the 1 year PG certificate/diploma in microbiology from a Canadian college will be considered as the 4th year or not. Besides, I cannot think of PG certificate course in any of the Canadian colleges in such highly specialized field of microbiology. In case, you find 1... you will need to contact all the universities, shoot out emails and inquire abut the acceptance of PG certificate course of Canadian colleges.So, it is highly recommended that you do a UGC recognized full time 1 or 2 year Msc. (Microbiology) from a university in India (at a fraction of the cost, of what you will be spending if you study 1 year PG certificate in Canada), and score as high as you can, to be considered for admission to top grade Canadian universities. Also you will need to appear for IELTS and may fulfill other degree specific requirements.

Here's the list of all recognized Canadian educational institutes participating in OCWP+PGWP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

larry007

Mar 7, 2013
Thanks tiger...i contacted niagra college in canada about my case and they said i can apply for the pg diploma in ecosystem restoration,would that be a great choice if i apply for the program? and i was also thinking when i get there if I feel like changing my college I can do so,as the college is in affiliation with many universities in canda....