+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please I need respective opinions!!! Thanks

Al Saudi

Jul 7, 2018
Long Post..

I got a job offer from a Law Firm but it will be officially vacant this December and the offer letter will be issued in December also with me resuming January/019. I should state this without moving too fast that this Law firm is were i did my one year Voluntary Service. This Voluntary service began Sept 25, 2017 & will be. ending Sept 24, 2018.

I didn't see the offer of employment coming, as my father has already stated that after my studies or respective endeavors, I will be running his business enterprise fulling after him which I agreed to. But now, there is an employment offer letter from my recent employer..

Given that, I will be going for my Masters in Canada which the Law Firm is now aware of and are ready to comply by stating that the offer will stand for the duration of my program and elapses two months after but insisting that the letter will also state that they will give me a study leave of 6 months(remember if I accept the job it will be within the period of my Masters program)

In addition, this is a good home tie showing an employment offer letter but my father is sponsoring me and also insisting to show his handover letter of his business to me, I am kind of in a delima here, if I show both letters from the Law Firm and my fathers handover, will this be a problem to the VO.. cause I am thinking it will be suspicious to the VO given the employment situation in my country?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
What I didn't understood from your post is that you will be doing Masters in Canada from Jan onwards and the Law firm offer stand for the duration of your program. How can you be in two places, studying and working ? This will confuse VO !

I would expect a situation where the Law firm is providing you a offer letter mentioning that once you come back after doing Masters you will have a job waiting at their firm. This will make more sense to VO.

Apart from that you can get a letter/affidavit from your Father mentioning that he is sponsoring your Masters. Don't involve job prospects at Father's firm. This will confuse VO with your job arrangement at Law firm.

If you wish, you may show, both, Masters sponsorship and job offer from your Father. In that case don't involve Law firm job offer. It can be confusing to VO.

Keep it simple and don't mix multiple entities.

Reactions: Al Saudi

Al Saudi

Jul 7, 2018
What I didn't understood from your post is that you will be doing Masters in Canada from Jan onwards and the Law firm offer stand for the duration of your program. How can you be in two places, studying and working ? This will confuse VO !

I would expect a situation where the Law firm is providing you a offer letter mentioning that once you come back after doing Masters you will have a job waiting at their firm. This will make more sense to VO.

Apart from that you can get a letter/affidavit from your Father mentioning that he is sponsoring your Masters. Don't involve job prospects at Father's firm. This will confuse VO with your job arrangement at Law firm.

If you wish, you may show, both, Masters sponsorship and job offer from your Father. In that case don't involve Law firm job offer. It can be confusing to VO.

Keep it simple and don't mix multiple entities.
Thanks for the patience in replying.. but you seem not to understand the post. My father is a business man and my sole sponsor of my program which he is prepared to handover the business to me after my program

The law firm is were i am currently working undergoing a voluntary services ending this September which has been one year with them. However, they have agreed to officially offer me a permanent job to head a department after the position gets open by then

The resumption of the job will be January 2019, and I will be applying for my masters in March and so there won't be haste to accept the job and so, the agreement between me and the was that the offer will stay through the period of my studies and elapses two months after if I don't return to accept it.

However, if I accept the job before resuming my program, they will grant me six months leave with a bonus reward to meet my certain necessities(the firm is not acting as a sponsor) and the job offer won't have stay for the duration of my studies because I have accepted it but then will be issued with a study leave approval letter following my letter of absence I will tender.

But now, I discussed with them as I have no intention of accepting the offer until after my program and they agreed(but anything can change), my intention for now is to use the offer letter to my advantage in applying for my study permit by "including the job offer letter to my father's handover letter/document of his business to show as "home tie"

Please I hope you understand it now, and I will still appreciate your further opinion.. thanks

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
In your post, you mentioned that you will be applying for Masters in March. Does that mean you don't have an admission letter from some University or College yet?

Assuming, you don't have any admission letter yet, in such scenario I would suggest you to continue work after your Sep' voluntary services ends. If possible continue to work at the same Law firm or choose to work at your Father's firm or somewhere else. The reason is, you never know for which term/program and in which college/university you will get admission in. You are going to apply in March and might be starting your classes in Sep' next year or so. Till then you don't wish to show "gap" of study/work to VO.

Coming back to your question on showing home ties, I think you may use, both, the Law firm offer and your Father's business ownership transfer. It is natural for a parent to transfer their assets ownership to children. In your SOP you need to clearly mention how your past education, past work experiences (if any) and your future higher education (in Canada) will help you run your Father's business efficiently. You may also make a statement saying that before you take over your Father's business, you are going to work at Law firm to get more work experience. You need to put your thoughts together to build up your case.

In the SOP, you may have a separate paragraph mentioning about funding or sponsorship of your higher education in Canada. Attach relevant and supporting documents for the points you mention in the SOP.

Good luck !

Reactions: Al Saudi

Al Saudi

Jul 7, 2018
In your post, you mentioned that you will be applying for Masters in March. Does that mean you don't have an admission letter from some University or College yet?

Assuming, you don't have any admission letter yet, in such scenario I would suggest you to continue work after your Sep' voluntary services ends. If possible continue to work at the same Law firm or choose to work at your Father's firm or somewhere else. The reason is, you never know for which term/program and in which college/university you will get admission in. You are going to apply in March and might be starting your classes in Sep' next year or so. Till then you don't wish to show "gap" of study/work to VO.

Coming back to your question on showing home ties, I think you may use, both, the Law firm offer and your Father's business ownership transfer. It is natural for a parent to transfer their assets ownership to children. In your SOP you need to clearly mention how your past education, past work experiences (if any) and your future higher education (in Canada) will help you run your Father's business efficiently. You may also make a statement saying that before you take over your Father's business, you are going to work at Law firm to get more work experience. You need to put your thoughts together to build up your case.

In the SOP, you may have a separate paragraph mentioning about funding or sponsorship of your higher education in Canada. Attach relevant and supporting documents for the points you mention in the SOP.

Good luck !
Thanks a lot for your guidance. I have not gotten an admission letter yet but applied already. The reason for me not wanting to continuing working in the firm after my voluntary services is that if i continue working there before the offer letter comes in December, I just think it will kind of seems of a complicating story, so I intend to manage things in my father's business till after my program.

I will just keep the offer letter and use it to my application advantage why it last. Thanks a lot, I appreciate your patience and effort in guiding me