+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please i need help with imm5524

shero

Oct 27, 2010
[size=10pt]I would like someone to help me about the Questions 14 and 15 and 16 in the application of the travel document IMM5524

i became PR in 1994 and i left Canada in 1999 because of my mother sickness and i had to spent the time with her until she passed away and since that day to 2015 i didn't return to Canada to take my citizenship
the embassy here in Egypt the say i have to fill out the travel document

my question is about number 14 and 15 and 16 , in my case what should i write in it time when i was in egypt last 5 years or time when i was in canada from 1994 to 1999,, it says

Your activities and employment:
Give details of the you have been doing during the past 5 years include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying, etc. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list your activities and
employment from the time you became a permanent resident to present

Can please some one read these 3 questions and help me how to answer them, thank you
[/size]

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
shero said:
[size=10pt]I would like someone to help me about the Questions 14 and 15 and 16 in the application of the travel document IMM5524

i became PR in 1994 and i left Canada in 1999 because of my mother sickness and i had to spent the time with her until she passed away and since that day to 2015 i didn't return to Canada to take my citizenship

my question is about number 14 and 15 and 16 , in my case what should i write in it time when i was in egypt last 5 years or time when i was in canada from 1994 to 1999,, it says

Give details of the you have been doing during the past 5 years include jobs held, periods of unemployment, time spent studying, etc. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list your activities and

Can please some one read these 3 questions and help me how to answer them, thank you
[/size]
I am sorry to know about your loss.

In order to remain as a PR, you need to spend 2 out of 5 years in Canada. You have not met your residency obligations. If you apply for a travel document, you would be refused because you have not maintained your Residency Obligations.

Please read the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
get a visitor VISA to the USA and drive over the border with confirmation of permanent residence document. you can wait in Canada a little over 2 years before you apply for your new PR card.

thanks

shero said:

[/size]

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
BalajiR said:
get a visitor VISA to the USA and drive over the border with confirmation of permanent residence document. you can wait in Canada a little over 2 years before you apply for your new PR card.

thanks
Do you think that the officer at the border will let him in?

Once the person reaches the border, the cbsa officer will still check the person's details in the system and most likely he would not be allowed entry in Canada
Remember: CBSA officers at airport entry and CBSA officers at land entry are equally and well trained.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry. You are right.

But I think that's the best chance you've got. You might want to approach an immigration lawyer to check if there's something. I'm sure there'll be a way, a second chance for you except that it might be costing you and also taking lots of time.

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
BalajiR said:
I am sorry. You are right.

But I think that's the best chance you've got. You might want to approach an immigration lawyer to check if there's something. I'm sure there'll be a way, a second chance for you except that it might be costing you and also taking lots of time.

Thanks
Immigration lawyer won't be a big help because the original poster of this thread has not met his residency obligations and I highly doubt that he will be allowed any entry.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I crossed over at Kingston a year ago with no issues. I had my CoPR and expired PR cards. But I was already living in Canada, my citizenship in process and expiration of PR cards was just a couple of months.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
BalajiR said:
I crossed over at Kingston a year ago with no issues. I had my CoPR and expired PR cards. But I was already living in Canada, my citizenship in process and expiration of PR cards was just a couple of months.
Yours could be a different scenario. This person has not entered Canada since 1999 which is like 16 years.

shero

Oct 27, 2010
Hi everyone

i stayed in Canada from September 1994 to April 1999 that's mean 4 years and something and i apply to do my citizen ship exam , but the sickness of my mother made me leave Canada and stay beside her until she passed away and since that until today i didn't return to Canada , the visa office here told me to do the travel document in order to get my PR back

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shero said:
Hi everyone

i stayed in Canada from September 1994 to April 1999 that's mean 4 years and something and i apply to do my citizen ship exam , but the sickness of my mother made me leave Canada and stay beside her until she passed away and since that until today i didn't return to Canada , the visa office here told me to do the travel document in order to get my PR back
If they take in consideration some human reasons, they will check out how long is that your mother passed away. If he has just passed away you could be lucky but if you stayed there several years after that, I don't see how they're gonna give you the travel document.