+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please i need an answer for this situation

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Dear all,

A Syrian family of four ,husband and wife with two kids, have contacted me asking this question .

The family entered USA through Mexico , and claimed asylum .
Their asylum was denied due to an error between the lawyer and the judge. The judge didn't allow an appeal for this case . The family has "without holding " status , only the husband is allowed to work . The wife has an uncle in Canada , her father's brother. The passports are at the Mexican/ US border .

Do you guys think she can claim refugee at the Canadian/ US borders ?

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
syrian-g said:
Dear all,

A Syrian family of four ,husband and wife with two kids, have contacted me asking this question .

The family entered USA through Mexico , and claimed asylum .
Their asylum was denied due to an error between the lawyer and the judge. The judge didn't allow an appeal for this case . The family has "without holding " status , only the husband is allowed to work . The wife has an uncle in Canada , her father's brother. The passports are at the Mexican/ US border .

Do you guys think she can claim refugee at the Canadian/ US borders ?
No, If person applied for refugee in US = cannot apply for refugee in Canada (there are exceptions).
The Safe Third Country Agreement between Canada and the United States (U.S.) is part of the U.S.–Canada Smart Border Action Plan.
Under the Agreement, refugee claimants are required to request refugee protection in the first safe country they arrive in, unless they qualify for an exception to the Agreement.

Please read here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

P.s. No law in US when person cannot appeal immigration claim except fraud...and etc/ ;)
Regards,
DHudson.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Thank you.

I read this before,but i am not sure if they could consider her uncle as a family member .

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
syrian-g said:
Thank you.

I read this before,but i am not sure if they could consider her uncle as a family member .
hey Syrian-g how you doing..long time no seen

Syrian-g i know a recent example in which a family who was denied asylum in usa (they lived in USA for about 2 years) and they claimed their asylum again at US-Canada Border. its about 6,7 months now and they had got accepted as refugees in Canada and now in process of their PR status. They were really in a situation where they cud not go back to their country ( in all means they were genuine people seeking refugee but got denial from USA)

About the relationship in Canada:
if any of the following relative is present in canada (either of the husband or the wife):-
Uncle: (brother of father or mother)
Aunt: (Sister of father or mother)
nephew and niece : (son/daughter of above)
Grandparents,
parents,
Brother
sister
mother
father.

So if the husband or wife have any of the above relatives in Canada then they are forsure eligible to apply for refugee protection at the US-Can Border.

Hope it helps :)

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Thank you so much Kriv , you have always been so helpful on this forum.
Believe it or not i just got my PR card maild today.
I have been busy volunteering in my communtiy to help the new Syrians wave of refugee .

Thank you again for asking , +1 from me to you.

kevork

Jun 4, 2014
hello everyone , i have a question

im new comer from Syria under SAH program, it is my 2nd month, My family consists of 4 members, my mother, father and eldest brother.
i'm wondering if my parents which they are over 65 can apply after 1 year for welfare even that i have enough money in my bank account ,is my bank account statement interfere with seniors welfare process apply ?
2nd question we have to apply for OHIP card from now or i have to wait also 1 year

Thank you

Muhamad

Mar 12, 2016
kevork said:
hello everyone , i have a question

im new comer from Syria under SAH program, it is my 2nd month, My family consists of 4 members, my mother, father and eldest brother.
i'm wondering if my parents which they are over 65 can apply after 1 year for welfare even that i have enough money in my bank account ,is my bank account statement interfere with seniors welfare process apply ?
2nd question we have to apply for OHIP card from now or i have to wait also 1 year

Thank you
Hello,

I am not sure about your first question but for the OHIP here is a link I found about healthcare for Syrian refugees. http: //settlement. org/ontario/health/refugee-health/refugee-health-services/health-care-options-for-syrian-refugees/ and http: //lifelinesyria. ca/medical-resources-for-sponsors/.

Salaam.