+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please how do I address the absence of both parents and family from our wedding

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Our families are fully aware of our relationship we have picture of Christmas dinner together my family aren’t in Canada so I have only met the family of my wife a Canadian citizen while she has spoken to my family on the phone several times I want to know what this implies the best way to address this question and we didn’t have so many people in our wedding just witnesses and very few friends .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is this a longterm dating relationship? Have you lived together before marriage? Is a small wedding typical in your culture and religion? Was her parents and other family at the wedding? What is your status in Canada? Do you have proof that the finances to live with government help if you can’t afford a lawyer?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Our families are fully aware of our relationship we have picture of Christmas dinner together my family aren’t in Canada so I have only met the family of my wife a Canadian citizen while she has spoken to my family on the phone several times I want to know what this implies the best way to address this question and we didn’t have so many people in our wedding just witnesses and very few friends .
on our wedding was same situetion, but for my culture it`s norma and wedding was in exotic country, our parents aren`t young and this travel was hard and expencive for them, but i visited his parents, and we regular communicate, it`s all i explain in letter and i add letter from our parents where they wrote why they can`t visit our wedding

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
on our wedding was same situetion, but for my culture it`s norma and wedding was in exotic country, our parents aren`t young and this travel was hard and expencive for them, but i visited his parents, and we regular communicate, it`s all i explain in letter and i add letter from our parents where they wrote why they can`t visit our wedding
Our wedding was small too. There was no friend. Just my husband's mother, his sister, and my family. There were 14 guests in total which isn't much, yet it doesn't prevent us to have a

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Is this a longterm dating relationship? Have you lived together before marriage? Is a small wedding typical in your culture and religion? Was her parents and other family at the wedding? What is your status in Canada? Do you have proof that the finances to live with government help if you can’t afford a lawyer?
Yes we will be fine as soon as I get my work permit without seeking assistance from government no our parents were not at the wedding I am on a study permit but had to stop to follow up with the wedding and help raise her child small wedding are allowed in our culture ... my wives parents took some time before approving our relationship but after the wedding we are fine now I visit them occasionally my family only talk to her on phone.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
We dated for 11 months before our wedding and lived together officially 1 month before our wedding

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes we will be fine as soon as I get my work permit without seeking assistance from government no our parents were not at the wedding I am on a study permit but had to stop to follow up with the wedding and help raise her child small wedding are allowed in our culture ... my wives parents took some time before approving our relationship but after the wedding we are fine now I visit them occasionally my family only talk to her on phone.
You aren't allowed to just stop studying. That is a violation of your study permit that can result in a loss of status.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
You aren't allowed to just stop studying. That is a violation of your study permit that can result in a loss of status.

And it was necessary for us to be able to do this since I stopped school I haven’t worked. My status is still valid until next year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
And it was necessary for us to be able to do this since I stopped school I haven’t worked. My status is still valid until next year.
No, your status is not valid until next year. You stopped studying, so your study permit is invalid after 90 days.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
No, your status is not valid until next year. You stopped studying, so your study permit is invalid after 90 days.
oh thanks for the insight I didn’t know that the rule though it’s not stated anywhere the rule I was told is that when you stop schooling you must stop working , thanks for your time anyways

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
when did you stop studying? If you have lost your status you no longer qualify for the OWP pilot program and would only get a WP with AIP so near the end of the sponsorship process.