+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help!

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
Hi guys. few times i address this forum for help and always got lot of responce. hope it would be same this time.

He re is the problem. I am right now working as a truck driver for two month as a temp foreign worker. After six month i am gonna be able to apply for provincial nominee program under long haul truck driver program. final goal are permanent residence for me and my family.
My questions are next.

Is it possible for me to change job and profession without jeopardizing my final goal?
When is best time to do that? Now or when i get my provincial nominee?

Also, when i get nomination and apply for permanent residence, am i allowed then to change job and profession and under what condition, or for that i must wait for permanent residence?

Thank you in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying under a PNP as an worker sponsored by employer and it sounds like you are, you must stay with that employer until you get your PR. If you quit at any time before you get your PR, the PNP can withdraw your nomination and cancel your application.

You can contact the PNP in your province to discuss this with them if you want to.

A

albertian

leon is right just stick with his advise don't try any supid things long haul truck driver are in high demand you can get easily pr residency ???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srdjanpetrovic84 said:
Thank you guys. One more question. you said easily. how long is that easily.
Thank you
You have to look at your PNP program requirements to see how long you must work before you can apply for PR. You must ask your PNP how long their nomination time is. After you get nominated, you apply for PR and processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

A

albertian

plzz send me u r province name where u working at the movement so i can tell you where to go and do inquiry for instance if u r working in newfoundland and labrador then you able to get information from settlement officer from multiculurism department of nl .they also will provide you free of cost info and they also provide pnp nomination certifate for temprarory worker if you fufil all requirement like in nl if work regular six month then you r eligible to get residency and pnp nomination cert. so plzz contact your provicional dept. ;)

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
Hello Albertian. Sorry it takes me so long to responce. My company is setlled in Edmonton Alberta. Please advise about the next step and what to do. thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albertian said:
plzz send me u r province name where u working at the movement so i can tell you where to go and do inquiry for instance if u r working in newfoundland and labrador then you able to get information from settlement officer from multiculurism department of nl .they also will provide you free of cost info and they also provide pnp nomination certifate for temprarory worker if you fufil all requirement like in nl if work regular six month then you r eligible to get residency and pnp nomination cert. so plzz contact your provicional dept. ;)
You should just stop posting. You do nothing but confuse people.

srdjanpetrovic84 said:
Hello Albertian. Sorry it takes me so long to responce. My company is setlled in Edmonton Alberta. Please advise about the next step and what to do. thank you
You would need to apply for AINP. Currently it is taking 2 to 3 months for a decision from AINP. If you receive a positive decision, you must apply for permanent residence by sending your application first through CIO Sydney where they will check it to ensure it is complete, and then to whatever visa office you choose to process the PR for you and your family. No word on how long CIO is taking to check the applications and processing times depend on the visa office processing the PR application.

srdjanpetrovic84

Feb 19, 2011
Thank you so much.
After i get nomination, would i be able to switch job or province, or i would hawe to wait for permanent residency?
Also, are you sure it is onley that short because i read somewhere that it is at least one year, and on their website it said that it is at least four month. where can i check to be sure about waiting time?
Thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srdjanpetrovic84 said:
Thank you so much.
After i get nomination, would i be able to switch job or province, or i would hawe to wait for permanent residency?
Also, are you sure it is onley that short because i read somewhere that it is at least one year, and on their website it said that it is at least four month. where can i check to be sure about waiting time?
Thank you
No, you would not be able to switch jobs. The employer supports your nomination by promising a full-time permanent job after you become a permanent resident. So you could not change jobs until you were a permanent resident. I know the website is saying 4 months. Maybe. The last two I did took 2.5 to 3 months. After you get AINP, if you are successful, then you have to apply for permanent residence. That will take at least a year or more.

sharingkapoting87

Feb 4, 2012
rjessome said:
No, you would not be able to switch jobs. The employer supports your nomination by promising a full-time permanent job after you become a permanent resident. So you could not change jobs until you were a permanent resident. I know the website is saying 4 months. Maybe. The last two I did took 2.5 to 3 months. After you get AINP, if you are successful, then you have to apply for permanent residence. That will take at least a year or more.
HI RJESSOME
I HAVE QUESTION I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT NEXT WEEK BUT I AM NOT GOING TO ADD MY WIFE NAME BECAUSE WE JUST GOT MARRIED.IN FUTURE IF I WANT TO APPLY HER VISA OR ADD NAME ON THE TIME OF APPLYING RESIDENCY,SO I AM JUST CONFUSED SO PLZZ HELP ME .I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM THAT HOW I CAN ADD MY WIFE NAME ON PERMANENT APPLICATION WHILE SHE WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA.THANKS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sharingkapoting87 said:
HI RJESSOME
I HAVE QUESTION I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT NEXT WEEK BUT I AM NOT GOING TO ADD MY WIFE NAME BECAUSE WE JUST GOT MARRIED.IN FUTURE IF I WANT TO APPLY HER VISA OR ADD NAME ON THE TIME OF APPLYING RESIDENCY,SO I AM JUST CONFUSED SO PLZZ HELP ME .I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM THAT HOW I CAN ADD MY WIFE NAME ON PERMANENT APPLICATION WHILE SHE WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA.THANKS
You have to show your wife's name and you have to state you are married when you apply for a work permit, whether she accompanies you or not.

sharingkapoting87

Feb 4, 2012
THANKS FOR REPLY PMM
JUST ONE MORE THING I WOULD LIKE ASK TO YOU THAT IN CASE IF I WANT TO ADD MY WIFE NAME AFTER GEETING WORK PERMIT OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD HER NAME ON PR APPLICATION WHILE SHE WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE I CAN'T ADD HER NAME AT THIS TIME BECAUSE OF PERSONAL REASON.AGENT WHICH WHO GOING TO APPLY MY WORK PERMIT HE IS OUR FAMILY FRIEND.SO PLZZ TELL ME ANY ANTHOR WAYS TO GET HER VISA AFTER MY WORK PERMIT.IF IT POSSIBLE THEN HOW LONG IT TAKES THANKS PMM .I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT SOLUTION.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sharingkapoting87 said:
THANKS FOR REPLY PMM
JUST ONE MORE THING I WOULD LIKE ASK TO YOU THAT IN CASE IF I WANT TO ADD MY WIFE NAME AFTER GEETING WORK PERMIT OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD HER NAME ON PR APPLICATION WHILE SHE WILL BE IN AUSTRALIA BECAUSE I CAN'T ADD HER NAME AT THIS TIME BECAUSE OF PERSONAL REASON.AGENT WHICH WHO GOING TO APPLY MY WORK PERMIT HE IS OUR FAMILY FRIEND.SO PLZZ TELL ME ANY ANTHOR WAYS TO GET HER VISA AFTER MY WORK PERMIT.IF IT POSSIBLE THEN HOW LONG IT TAKES THANKS PMM .I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT SOLUTION.
It is call misrepresentation which can get you removed from Canada.