+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

radiomar

Jun 29, 2018
Good Day,

We my family are PR card holder we have it last 2019 November. We are supposed to settle in Canada this April but the airlines cancelled our flight due to the pandemic. The airline told us to wait when will be there next flight will commence. I want to know:

How soon do we need to settle in Canada knowing theres worldwide situation going on?

Will appreciate your response

Besram

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Good Day,

We my family are PR card holder we have it last 2019 November. We are supposed to settle in Canada this April but the airlines cancelled our flight due to the pandemic. The airline told us to wait when will be there next flight will commence. I want to know:

How soon do we need to settle in Canada knowing theres worldwide situation going on?

Will appreciate your response
You are required to spend at least 2 years (730 days) in Canada in the five year period after your initial landing. After that, you must maintain 730 days in any five-year rolling period.

The latest date you can return to Canada therefore depends on how many days you have already spent in Canada, but you will definitely be fine if you return before the 3-year anniversary of your initial landing date.

There is no additional allowance due to the current virus situation.