+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help

nikandcat

May 10, 2019
Hello guys, I have a problem, and I really need to know your opinion since my resources are limited. I'm from Ukraine, Donetsk (city). In 2014 the war here is started, which is backed up by russians, at that time i was studying at university, when the war started i've lost my education. I've never took part in that war. And Right now, I am still in Donetsk, and i have nothing. All I have is an apartment which is not mine and where i live with my cat. Right now there are no major gunning or bomb blowing where in area of the city where i live. And so I can move to non occupied Ukraine safely but I still need to pass prolly 10 checkpoints, anyone from civilians like me can get an "id check" from russians here, and if they dislike something they can get you jailed. I can't speak ukrainian language here, I can't go out after 22:00 bc russian occupants will put me to jail for violating their order I can't get a job because i have no education, (i have a bachelor degree in Economics, but my diploma won't be accepted anywhere in the world bc I am from those territories.) can't rent an apartment because people from here are usually gets discriminated, because they are from russian occupied territories, also by Ukrainian law I can easily get forced for the military service, they don't care that for those 5 years that I'm here I've seen a lot of violence, I can't open a bank account because registration address of people which are from those territories are not accepted. I can get "Internal Moved Person" document, but if i will get it i have a very high chance of being forced to military service. I have no place to live in normal ukraine also even having this document won't provide me the place to live. Right now I live for money, I've got by investing in crypto long time ago. What should I do, should i try to apply for a refugee status, or seek other options. Sorry for my bad english, Im a bit stressed at this second, when I stressed i usually slip for a bit in my english.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys, I have a problem, and I really need to know your opinion since my resources are limited. I'm from Ukraine, Donetsk (city). In 2014 the war here is started, which is backed up by russians, at that time i was studying at university, when the war started i've lost my education. I've never took part in that war. And Right now, I am still in Donetsk, and i have nothing. All I have is an apartment which is not mine and where i live with my cat. Right now there are no major gunning or bomb blowing where in area of the city where i live. And so I can move to non occupied Ukraine safely but I still need to pass prolly 10 checkpoints, anyone from civilians like me can get an "id check" from russians here, and if they dislike something they can get you jailed. I can't speak ukrainian language here, I can't go out after 22:00 bc russian occupants will put me to jail for violating their order I can't get a job because i have no education, (i have a bachelor degree in Economics, but my diploma won't be accepted anywhere in the world bc I am from those territories.) can't rent an apartment because people from here are usually gets discriminated, because they are from russian occupied territories, also by Ukrainian law I can easily get forced for the military service, they don't care that for those 5 years that I'm here I've seen a lot of violence, I can't open a bank account because registration address of people which are from those territories are not accepted. I can get "Internal Moved Person" document, but if i will get it i have a very high chance of being forced to military service. I have no place to live in normal ukraine also even having this document won't provide me the place to live. Right now I live for money, I've got by investing in crypto long time ago. What should I do, should i try to apply for a refugee status, or seek other options. Sorry for my bad english, Im a bit stressed at this second, when I stressed i usually slip for a bit in my english.
There are two options to come to Canada as a refugee. The first option is to get a TRV (tourist visa) for Canada and then come to Canada and claim refugee status once you are here. To get a TRV, you must show that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term - and that you have enough money to pay for your trip to Canada. I think it will probably be very difficult for you to get a TRV approved.

The other option is to move out of Ukraine and move to a different country. Once you are there, you will have to be officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR. UNHCR will then decide where you will be resettled.

Canada as a number of economic immigration programs for people who want to move here. However to qualify, you must have education, work experience, take a test to show your language capabilities, and also show that you have enough savings to establish yourself in Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You would either have to move from the Ukraine to another country and be accepted by the UNHCR as a refugee and await relocation or obtain a TRV for Canada and apply once you arrive in Canada. On the face of it, I doubt your reasons would satisfy the requirements of a refugee claimant.