+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help?

Sep 4, 2018
Hi!

I got my student visa on September 19th and I'm supposed to start my first year at my university in the Winter 2019 semester, January 7th to be exact. Since the check-in/move-in day for my university is January 7th and I am going to be living in one of the resident halls in the campus I am planning to get to Canada on January 7th or January 6th if I can get my university to agree. My question is, is there any type of condition on student visas that says we have to leave for Canada in certain amount of days? For example 60 days or 90 days? or is it okay to leave your country depending on whenever your university starts, even if it is 4 months after getting your visa?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi!

I got my student visa on September 19th and I'm supposed to start my first year at my university in the Winter 2019 semester, January 7th to be exact. Since the check-in/move-in day for my university is January 7th and I am going to be living in one of the resident halls in the campus I am planning to get to Canada on January 7th or January 6th if I can get my university to agree. My question is, is there any type of condition on student visas that says we have to leave for Canada in certain amount of days? For example 60 days or 90 days? or is it okay to leave your country depending on whenever your university starts, even if it is 4 months after getting your visa?
No such condition. All rumours spread by some people here. Better be there before the course start. All the best

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi!

If there is such a condition, you would have seen it on your visa already :)

Your intended travel date is actually more practical, getting there just a few days before your classes starts. After all, you will be living in the campus residence hall, you already have a guaranteed place to live. Get ready for the winter, mate!

Reactions: Immstu