+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help..

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
I am in Canada waiting for the results of pr application.

I ordered some diet pills from USA and stupidly didn' realise they need a prescription to have ordered them. I ordered a one 30 day supply. They are currently stuck in customs.

My question is . If they get seized could this effect my pr application!?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No unless there is an illegal drug in them. Also it is a small quantity. Most likely scenario is they ended up in the garbage but there is very little regulation when it comes to natural health products. In general I would avoid diet pills. They are often not regulated and can damage organs like your heart or kidneys. Half of them basically mimic being on speed.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
No unless there is an illegal drug in them. Also it is a small quantity. Most likely scenario is they ended up in the garbage but there is very little regulation when it comes to natural health products. In general I would avoid diet pills. They are often not regulated and can damage organs like your heart or kidneys. Half of them basically mimic being on speed.
Thank you canuck78 for replying I'm so grateful to you. Have been panicking all day. Worried my back ground check would pick up on it (seized) Definitely not illegal drug in it. but prescription only controlled -IV class .(FDA approved) What was I thinking doing it.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you canuck78 for replying I'm so grateful to you. Have been panicking all day. Worried my back ground check would pick up on it (seized) Definitely not illegal drug in it. but prescription only controlled -IV class .(FDA approved) What was I thinking doing it.
Actually most of those medications are actually illegal in Canada. Canada has a different drug approval process and tends to be more cautious than the US. In general even if you are a citizen or PR would probably avoid ordering drugs online unless there is some rare drug that is needed for a health condition. Not worth the hassle or the potential warning from the CBSA that the pills are illegal in Canada if you order them on a regular basis. Given the fentanyl crisis In would expect all pills to be screened nore carefully as well as any white powder.

Reactions: scylla

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
I supposed I was scammed. I joined a forum where they were saying oh yes order from such and such...and I did and received assurance it was ok to order a personal supply of 30. (As I did when was in the uk) and then when it got stuck in customs (my tracking alerts have stopped as of yesterday) I did research and realise i needed a prescription!! So These are diet pills. Nothing addictive or the like! But now I'm Worried! Have I jeopardized my pr! I only wanted to lose a few lbs after Xmas! :-( feeling dreadful!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think you will be fine. Worst case, a slap on the wrist.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/compliance-enforcement/importation-exportation/policy-health-products-under-food-drugs-act-regulations-0060.html#a52

5.2.2 Canadians importing by means other than on their person (via mail, courier, etc.)
Consumers are encouraged to buy health products which have received market authorization from Health Canada. Market authorization indicates that a product has been reviewed by Health Canada for safety and efficacy and found to have an acceptable risk/benefit profile for the conditions for which it was approved. Health Canada also conducts post-market activities for these products, including the monitoring of adverse reactions and complaints regarding quality. Consumers are also encouraged to obtain their health products only from reputable or known suppliers/retailers.

A Canadian who chooses to obtain a health product from outside Canada which may or may not have been reviewed and market authorized by Health Canada is allowed to import:

• A single course of treatment or a 90-day supply based on the directions for use, whichever is less, of a health product as long as the product does not contain a substance listed in Schedule F of the Food and Drug Regulations.
The health product must be for their own personal use, the use of a person for whom they are responsible or for use on an animal for which they are responsible.

The health products must be in one of the following:

• Hospital or pharmacy dispensed packaging;
  • Original retail packaging; or
  • have the original label affixed to it which clearly indicates what the health product is and what it contains.
Larger volumes shipments, multiple repeat shipments of the same product within short periods of time (<3 months), shipments accompanied by or associated with materials to be used for advertising or promotion, and/or shipments that indicate a Canadian business is involved in the transaction, will be considered commercial shipments and the relevant requirements will apply (see section 5.1).

Reactions: Kate8kate0
R

rish888

I supposed I was scammed. I joined a forum where they were saying oh yes order from such and such...and I did and received assurance it was ok to order a personal supply of 30. (As I did when was in the uk) and then when it got stuck in customs (my tracking alerts have stopped as of yesterday) I did research and realise i needed a prescription!! So These are diet pills. Nothing addictive or the like! But now I'm Worried! Have I jeopardized my pr! I only wanted to lose a few lbs after Xmas! :-( feeling dreadful!
Try the Hollywood miracle juice diet. The 48 hrs version gives you around 4 kgs in 2 days when done right and there's no need to worry about prescriptions etc.

I don't mean to be a bummer, but do keep in mind it's basically all water weight that you loose and you'll put it right back on the moment you start eating like a normal person.

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Try the Hollywood miracle juice diet. The 48 hrs version gives you around 4 kgs in 2 days when done right and there's no need to worry about prescriptions etc.

I don't mean to be a bummer, but do keep in mind it's basically all water weight that you loose and you'll put it right back on the moment you start eating like a normal person.
Yes thanks for this I will definitely try that. New Year new me! Just want to get through the agonising 'Clearance event' for the dhl tracking... :-( wish I realised this was not right. And hope nothing comes of it. #feeling remorseful

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would imagine they will throw it out and you will either never hear anything or get a card in the mail saying your item has been confiscated and destroyed according to Canadian law. You are definitely not the first person to order medication over the internet. Just so you know the diet pill is illegal in Canada. Can't get it with a prescription either. They are really awful for your heart. Would take a couple of pounds over potential health consequences from most diet pills!

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Thanks. Yep lessoned learned. I was so paranoid the seizure of the item at customs may show up on my pr background check which is happening now . Pr result imminent!

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
You have too much faith the government branches talk to each other. It is one thing of pills that are not narcotics. You will be fine.
Phew!!!Thank you for this. Im so grateful for the input.. Feel so silly..also i was just watching Border Security freaking out a bit but I was thinking too; gosh they aren't narcotics I ordered!! Was googling 'Narcotics'! :)Yes I think I will be fine. Gosh I think I've shed a few lbs worrying for two days! Damn christmas chocolates and the attraction of ordering online pharmacy never again!