+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

yasserksf

Jul 14, 2016
Hello guys ,,

I am from Saudi Arabia, Student in the U.S I applied for Canadian visitor visa here from Saudi, yesterday I received an email from Canada embassy asked me to send my passport to them but I can't do this, because I have flight to the U.S in 2 days and the embassy far far away from my town that means it will takes more than 5 days to get my passport back. My question is Can I send my passport from the U.S to Saudi Arabia to get my visa? if yes I'm glad, if no what is the solution?
Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
How long is your trip to the US? You can also submit your passport to the VACs in New York or Los Angeles to have your TRV stamped, it can take around 7 business days on average. If you choose to do this, inform Riyadh VO to be on the safe side.

yasserksf

Jul 14, 2016
bellaluna said:
How long is your trip to the US? You can also submit your passport to the VACs in New York or Los Angeles to have your TRV stamped, it can take around 7 business days on average. If you choose to do this, inform Riyadh VO to be on the safe side.
thank you,, are u sure about submitting the passport to VACs in New York or Los Angeles ?? because my application issued in Riyadh

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
yasserksf said:
thank you,, are u sure about submitting the passport to VACs in New York or Los Angeles ?? because my application issued in Riyadh
I know someone from Manila VO who has done it last month, Manila VO replied that they could submit their passport in the US, so they submitted at LA VAC. You can ask Riyadh VO about it to be sure.

That's safer and more sensible than mailing your passport from the US to Riyadh and back, so it ought to be allowed.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
A colleague at work (in Saudi Arabia) had his daughter's Study Visa approved last week. His wife also applied for a TRV to accompany their daughter and help her settle down at campus. They will be on vacation back (home) in Egypt if/when his wife get's her passport request. When picking up the daughter's passport at the VAC, he asked what could be done if they were not in the country when the passport approval arrived. The VAC stated that the passport can be submitted in the country they will be travelling to (Egypt).

So you should be good too.

yasserksf

Jul 14, 2016
simplyaddo said:
A colleague at work (in Saudi Arabia) had his daughter's Study Visa approved last week. His wife also applied for a TRV to accompany their daughter and help her settle down at campus. They will be on vacation back (home) in Egypt if/when his wife get's her passport request. When picking up the daughter's passport at the VAC, he asked what could be done if they were not in the country when the passport approval arrived. The VAC stated that the passport can be submitted in the country they will be travelling to (Egypt).

So you should be good too.
Thank you so much, you're right I should be good ;)

This is a message I received from VCA about my concern

Dear applicant,

Please be advised that if you wish to get your visa printed in the US You need to submit your passports at a US ASC. The US ASCs will not accept without the Letter. Make sure you check the website of the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles for further information or in New York.