+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help...

dajay15

Feb 2, 2014
hi i just want to ask anyone's opinion of my case... i am planning to apply as a skilled worker and that i will be getting married next month so i can declare my husband (to be) as my dependent in the application.. i want to start the application after the wedding...and by the way, both of us are currently working here in Israel. can i just askif will there be no problem if i will submit with my application a copy of my passport not adopting the surname of my husband? is it ok or is it mandatory to adopt his surname? please help me with this thing ..iwill be appreciative for your opinions thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dajay15 said:
hi i just want to ask anyone's opinion of my case... i am planning to apply as a skilled worker and that i will be getting married next month so i can declare my husband (to be) as my dependent in the application.. i want to start the application after the wedding...and by the way, both of us are currently working here in Israel. can i just askif will there be no problem if i will submit with my application a copy of my passport not adopting the surname of my husband? is it ok or is it mandatory to adopt his surname? please help me with this thing ..iwill be appreciative for your opinions thanks!
No you don't have to take your spouse's surname.

dajay15

Feb 2, 2014
hi thanks for the opinion... :) can i just ask if it's sure that i may not take my husband's surname...? did you experience this as well? or do you know personally someone who is also in doubt with this thing?

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dajay15 said:
hi thanks for the opinion... :) can i just ask if it's sure that i may not take my husband's surname...? did you experience this as well? or do you know personally someone who is also in doubt with this thing?
Taking your husband's surname is not at all mandatory ......
We , my wife never changed her surname to mine, she carries her surname, but we produced marriage certificate........., we never had any issues...,,,
You can apply with your surname ......even after marriage.....
Good luck :)

jhaja16

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
dajay15 said:
if you're planning to apply after your wedding, then use your husband surname. But i think it will be fine if you will not change it.