+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hello Everybody,

We got our PR in 2009 and due to poor economy here in North America returned to home country to resume our jobs. When we were planning to come back, but my spouse was advised not to travel in pregnancy because of complications and bad history in the past. I returned to Canada, after child was born, but wife had to stay on for our kid. Our local CIC office clearly indicated that they would not grant TRV to our kid even if my spouse cannot meet residency obligation.

1. I have applied for sponsorship of my child, however I am scared that my spouse's residency obligation should not affect my sponsor application (I hope it doesn't affect).

2. Whenever application is approved from Canada, can CIC in my home country raise any question against the residency obligation of my spouse while processing the application of our child? In such case we need to give rationales on Humanitarian and Compassionate ground and hope its accepted. What are the chances in this case (Please note the child is being affected here, thus have good H&C case--thats what I feel). Also I hope my spouse would not have problem in entering Canada.

I am very much worried please advise.

Thank you in advance