+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help - within how much time do I need to inform for change in my status?

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi All

I got married around 2 months back. How much time do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status?
I was traveling after marriage and then cam back after a month and got my marriage certificate.

And so got late in informing IRCC. Is there any guideline on how much time I have to inform them?

If yes, what can be the possible way out if I missed the timeline?

Thanks in advance.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Hi,

The sooner, the better. You have to inform CIC as soon as you can.

If you feel worried, you can still explain them why it took you 2 months to inform them about the change.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Hi,

The sooner, the better. You have to inform CIC as soon as you can.

If you feel worried, you can still explain them why it took you 2 months to inform them about the change.
Thanks buddy. I am thinking of explaining, and the real reason is that after my marriage, i went on my honeymoon to a differnt country and when I returned, I applied for marriage certificate and around 2 weeks back, I got it. But I was of the opinion that I need to submit my wife's PCC as well at the first and so I kept waiting... :(
How do i explain this? Will they believe me? :(

Kindly guide. Need guidance badly :(

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
ishpah said:
Hi All

I got married around 2 months back. How much time do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status?
I was traveling after marriage and then cam back after a month and got my marriage certificate.

And so got late in informing IRCC. Is there any guideline on how much time I have to inform them?

If yes, what can be the possible way out if I missed the timeline?

Thanks in advance.
Usually they have a 30 or 60 day deadline to any query or update in status, depending on what it is. But you can still email them to with the explanation you have.
Also, try reaching out to this number --> +1 613 944 4000
I have tried calling this number a couple of times, most of the times I have had great experience and they answer your questions in detail.