+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help with your ideas on PCC from India and Australia

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
Dears,
I have received a letter from canada immigration to get my PCC and medical.I just have 30 days more to reply them with all these documents.
Currently I am in Australia and living here from past 2 years. I am an Indian Citizen. What I have understood is that I have to get PCCs from 2 countries: INDIA & AUSTRALIA. Here are my few Questions, if someone has been into similar situation , please share experiences:

1) In total I have 25 days. First I am plannign to get PCC from Australia. I am at perth. Anybody has any idea if I can get all this PCC done in 10 days? Any ideas to fasten the process! Or any other suggestion.
2) after taking PCC from Australia, I will come to India for taking Indian PCC (Would have to travel for this important purpose). I hope I will get my PCC from SP office there. Any idea if they will create any hurdle to issue my PCC as I was not in the country from last 2 years. Would Indian office demand any specific documents? I am afraid if they will refuse for PCC.

Please share the ideas , How can I get all this done in 20-25 days. Please suggest if someone has any better ideas on this.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Australia follow this:

Australia

Police Certificate needed?
Yes. You may also need to provide a Traffic History printout, depending on which states you lived in while in Australia.
Which Australian police clearances are acceptable?
Applicants must provide a full fingerprint and name check. Certificates can be obtained through the Australian Federal Police (recommended) or the local state police authority.
Applicants who do not reside in Australia must obtain this certificate through the Australian Federal Police. State-issued certificates are acceptable where the certificate is based on a fingerprint and name search of the National Databases.
IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed on the certificate.
Which Australian police clearances are not acceptable?

Photocopies of a clearance
Certificates issued on the basis of a name check without fingerprints
Certificates issued on the basis of a “Complete Disclosure”
Any certificate, if it is not accompanied by a Traffic History Report(s) if the applicant, while over 18 years of age, lived in Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia
How to get one?
The following form is required: Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form. Applicants may obtain the form for the Australian Federal Police check at:
Criminal Records – National Police Check
Australian Federal Police
Locked Bag 8550
Canberra City ACT 2601
Australia
Telephone from Australia: (02) 6202-3333
Telephone from elsewhere: +61 2 6202-3333

IMPORTANT: When filling out the Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form, enter Code Number 35 in section 1 (Purpose of NPC). The Australian Federal Police will send the certificate directly to the mailing address you will nominate in section 4 of the Australian Federal Police National Police Check (NPC) Application Form.

Remember the processing time is 1 month but normally people get PCC in 2 weeks

Cheers
Saki

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks Saki for Your response: Would you please tell me if 2 documents "one from the local state police authority + Traffic History printout" would be sufficient to submit. Did you try to get any of them before?

thanks,
-Baljinsi

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baljinsi said:
Thanks Saki for Your response: Would you please tell me if 2 documents "one from the local state police authority + Traffic History printout" would be sufficient to submit. Did you try to get any of them before?

thanks,
-Baljinsi
Not from local state you need to get it from Australian Federal Police, if you take it from state it will not be acceptable and yes you need traffic history which you can get it from your state Wester Australia as you are in Perth. I took PCC from AFP and Traffic history from Qld.

Cheers
Saki

sherin0621

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
no
Med's Request
25/3/2010
Med's Done....
15/4/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
req..24/12/2010 ..sent on 30/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
in process to decision made on 18/1/2011/visa issued on 17th
LANDED..........
planning in march
hi

i think you can get it from the indian embassy in australia(for pcc from india....)i donno about australian pcc
...let the seniors comment on this topic.......

regards
sherin

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
sherin0621 said:
hi

i think you can get it from the indian embassy in australia(for pcc from india....)i donno about australian pcc
...let the seniors comment on this topic.......

regards
sherin
Yes, agree, you can get your Indian PCC from Inidan Embasy in Australia. But, I am not sure if they can isue in such a short time period of time. However, you can ask some extention of time from CHC once the tentative timelime of getting both the PCC is available. I think you have to surender your passport to Indian embassy, so better apply for Australian PCC first and meantime proceed for Indian PCC

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
Submit. With app 6 overall
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
24 June 2011. Receive by sydeny office 15 sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on work permit. From June 15 2011 Landed again on north potal border on 7 January 2012 receive pr card on 5 march 2012
Hi,
No need to worry for indian pcc .
I m in melbourne i got my indian pcc from indian wmbassy in only 3 working days.
M here in melbourne from 3 years . But i
never been to in
dia . May be thts why i got pcc in thrre days . I akso apply for canada as a skill worker .

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
puniajas said:
Hi,
No need to worry for indian pcc .
I m in melbourne i got my indian pcc from indian wmbassy in only 3 working days.
M here in melbourne from 3 years . But i
never been to in
dia . May be thts why i got pcc in thrre days . I akso apply for canada as a skill worker .
Thanks Sir--But we have asked from SP office in india. They can also give PCC to my father and then I can get bu courier--Would it be ok?any views--
Thanks,
-Baljinsi

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
saki said:
Not from local state you need to get it from Australian Federal Police, if you take it from state it will not be acceptable and yes you need traffic history which you can get it from your state Wester Australia as you are in Perth. I took PCC from AFP and Traffic history from Qld.

Cheers
Saki
Hi Saki, Is it madatory to submit "Finger Pint Report" also with the PCC from Australia? Please share your ideas.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Yes it's necessary to submit finger prints as well. Go to ur local police station in perth and hv ur finger prints done from there. They download the form from www.afp.gov.au . 105$ money order in favor of "Australian federal police". It take 30 working days bt usually it comes early. And for Indian Pcc -no need to travel to india. Download the form form Indian embassy website fill it up and submit it into local indian embassy. Cost u $20 aus. Check on net. Everything is there. Take it easy. If u r not able to get these things in 25 days .email to cic and request them for extension.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adamvaid said:
Yes it's necessary to submit finger prints as well. Go to ur local police station in perth and hv ur finger prints done from there. They download the form from www.afp.gov.au . 105$ money order in favor of "Australian federal police". It take 30 working days bt usually it comes early. And for Indian Pcc -no need to travel to india. Download the form form Indian embassy website fill it up and submit it into local indian embassy. Cost u $20 aus. Check on net. Everything is there. Take it easy. If u r not able to get these things in 25 days .email to cic and request them for extension.
correct!

Cheers
Saki

saleem785javed

Star Member
May 27, 2010
canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi baljinsi,

You can apply for your indian PCC at indian embassy in australia only no need to spend lot of money by traveling to india and getting a PCC from there.

If you are in india and need a PCC you can get it from regonal passport office or from SP office and if you are not from punjab you even get it from your local police station also.

the best way is to apply at indian embassy in australia only it will save your time and money both.

for australia i donno much and i think you have got all the information needed from other senior members.

regards,
saleem

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
i have a question if somebody could answer pls

i have lived in australia for four yrs in queensland. don't have a driving lic of queensland while i was there. though i was able to get my PCC from austarlain police but i wasn't able to get my traffic hist. rport from queensland transport as i couldn't fit in to their criteria of providing one . so i send only pcc from aus. and along with the reply i got from transport department of queensland to the chc new delhi asking for their advise on further action . will they acept my pcc without traffic hist. or is there another channel to get traffic history or can CHC new delhi themselves get it from conserned department?

pl if you can answer this.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassi_cool1980 said:
i have a question if somebody could answer pls

i have lived in australia for four yrs in queensland. don't have a driving lic of queensland while i was there. though i was able to get my PCC from austarlain police but i wasn't able to get my traffic hist. rport from queensland transport as i couldn't fit in to their criteria of providing one . so i send only pcc from aus. and along with the reply i got from transport department of queensland to the chc new delhi asking for their advise on further action . will they acept my pcc without traffic hist. or is there another channel to get traffic history or can CHC new delhi themselves get it from conserned department?

pl if you can answer this.

They will accept your PCC dont worry.

Cheers
Saki

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..