+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help- visitor extension rejected?

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
Especially since your status expires in 12 days.
Hey, so I just got my marriage license and am applying for the OWP. I had a question you(or anyone else) might be able to answer it. On the- "Does one of the following apply to you? " question(for the questionare on their website), I can't say yes on any of them, as far as I can tell. Because this line-
"I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes"
We did apply of course, but we haven't reached first stage approval.
And if I don't say yes to one of the three options, it doesn't give me the option to continue further for the OWP application. Any ideas or what to do?
I wanted to double check as I want to make sure I get everything 100% correct here.

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
You have to apply on paper. You cannot apply for the spousal OWP with the application online. It has to be in the same package as your PR application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

You can apply online for an OWP if your application has reached approval-in-principle, which is quite a way into the PR process.
Oh, thank you so much! That's a huge help, I appreciate that. I also really appreciate the quick reply, you rock.

EStrong

Nov 7, 2018
Alright, it's all sent off and we quintuple checked everything as being correct. Fingers crossed, thank you all so much for the help!