+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help. Visa Rejected

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Hey guys,
I Applied for my SDS study visa on 16th January and unfortunately got a rejection on 21st January on the grounds of Purpose of visit. The important details are down below.
X - 76%
XII - 74%
Btech Civil( 2017 Graduate) From Manipal Univesity, India - 56%
IELTS - 8.0 overall
GRE - 313 (Although not a requirement but attached to try n compensate for my Grad %)
Work experience - 2 years as a Civil Planning Engineer
Intended Course and College - Conestoga Project Management
Supplementary Documents attached for Visa - ITR, Affidavit of Support, CA certificate, Work ex docs with pay stubs.

Please suggest me the suitable course of action and how to prepare my case for refiling. Also, i have ordered CAIPS notes and they're expected to arrive in the last week of February. Should i wait for CAIPS or should i refile before getting my hands on CAIPS report?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hey guys,
I Applied for my SDS study visa on 16th January and unfortunately got a rejection on 21st January on the grounds of Purpose of visit. The important details are down below.
X - 76%
XII - 74%
IELTS - 8.0 overall
GRE - 313 (Although not a requirement but attached to try n compensate for my Grad %)
Supplementary Documents attached for Visa - ITR, Affidavit of Support, CA certificate, Work ex docs with pay stubs.

Please suggest me the suitable course of action and how to prepare my case for refiling. Also, i have ordered CAIPS notes and they're expected to arrive in the last week of February. Should i wait for CAIPS or should i refile before getting my hands on CAIPS report?
Yes, CAIPS notes would be better since Purpose of visit is vague response. Incase they request an additional 90 days to process your CAIPS Notes, you can make your SOP stronger by stating why you coming to Canada, why you chose Canada and the course, and how it will help you in your country once you graduate. Like, show a clear goal that you really know your purpose to come to Canada.

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Yes, CAIPS notes would be better since Purpose of visit is vague response. Incase they request an additional 90 days to process your CAIPS Notes, you can make your SOP stronger by stating why you coming to Canada, why you chose Canada and the course, and how it will help you in your country once you graduate. Like, show a clear goal that you really know your purpose to come to Canada.
Thanks for the reply.
This is what i wrote about the Future prospects in my SOP

"Gaining an international exposure will surely increase my employment prospects back in India as I will possess a distinct subject knowledge, competitive skill-set, global exposure, strong inter-personal skills. To bolster my decision, according to a newspaper report, India will require 70 lakh new project managers by 2027, making India the most sought after destination for Project Management related employment. To further strengthen this fact, according to the PMI talent gap analysis, by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management oriented roles, out of which India and China will represent more than 75 percent of the total employment. The biggest purpose that would be served through this program is that, it not only enhances the factor of my employability but also diversifies my scope of opportunities to work with various industries like Tata Group, Lanco Infratech, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Hindustan Construction Company, Gammon etc., to secure a role of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Analyst or Team Leader in one of the top construction companies in India"

Please suggest the needful changes and some insights :)

syedsamiuddin

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
20-10-2023
Hey guys,
X - 76%
XII - 74%
IELTS - 8.0 overall

Hi, My profile is also ditto same like yours, but my field is computer science! Going for conestoga college, sept 2020, mobile solutions program.

Did you wrote your SOP yourself or took your agent help and did you mention why did you score less in btech? Please keep us updated after receiving the CAIPS notes!

Is true that conestoga college applications tend to get visa rejected alot?

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, My profile is also ditto same like yours, but my field is computer science! Going for conestoga college, sept 2020, mobile solutions program.

Did you wrote your SOP yourself or took your agent help and did you mention why did you score less in btech? Please keep us updated after receiving the CAIPS notes!

Is true that conestoga college applications tend to get visa rejected alot?
I wrote my SOP myself. However, my agent made some minor changes and worked on the formatting. Also, i did not mention about the low academic score in the SOP. In fact, i was advised by my agent not to mention my UG score and % in the SOP. Do you reccomend mentioning my low scores and giving justifications for the same?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
This is what i wrote about the Future prospects in my SOP

"Gaining an international exposure will surely increase my employment prospects back in India as I will possess a distinct subject knowledge, competitive skill-set, global exposure, strong inter-personal skills. To bolster my decision, according to a newspaper report, India will require 70 lakh new project managers by 2027, making India the most sought after destination for Project Management related employment. To further strengthen this fact, according to the PMI talent gap analysis, by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management oriented roles, out of which India and China will represent more than 75 percent of the total employment. The biggest purpose that would be served through this program is that, it not only enhances the factor of my employability but also diversifies my scope of opportunities to work with various industries like Tata Group, Lanco Infratech, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Hindustan Construction Company, Gammon etc., to secure a role of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Analyst or Team Leader in one of the top construction companies in India"

Please suggest the needful changes and some insights :)

That part is okay to me. I would actually love to see the entire SOP.

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
That part is okay to me. I would actually love to see the entire SOP.
I am Anmol Sachdeva S/O Krishan Lal Sachdeva and I am 24 years old. I am an Indian National, residing in Mohali, India.

“It is our choices which make us who we are, far more than our abilities”
These words of wisdom written by my favorite Author, JK Rowling, are a perfect testimony of my decision to pursue Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management from Conestoga College, Kitchener. For my language proficiency, I prepared for IELTS exam and appeared in it on 16th Dec’ 2019, scoring an overall of 8.0 bands with 9.0 in listening, 7.5 in reading, 6.5 in writing and 8.5 in speaking. To demonstrate my knowledge in analytical writing, mathematics and vocabulary, I also took the GRE exam and scored 313/340 (V-155, Q-158).

Academic and Family Background

I would take this felicitous opportunity to introduce myself as an ambitious, highly inquisitive and a compassionate individual. Hailing from a family of Civil Engineers where my father is a Project Director, overlooking Government funded Construction works for more than 30 years now, and my elder brother is a civil engineer himself, I was exposed to Construction projects across the Country, and typical construction related jargons from a very young age. My exposure to construction projects from a very young age, amalgamated with my curiosity and love for technology, persuaded me to study Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (2013- 2017) from the well renowned Manipal University in Karnataka, which happens to be India’s top Private University. Apart from this, I was an active participant in various extracurricular activities and student clubs in the college. I was also an organizer for multiple Technical and Cultural events in the College.

Professional Experience

I started my professional career with India’s most prominent construction company, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) as an Engineer Trainee in New Delhi on 4th April 2018. Working in the Planning and Project handling department, I was responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring of the Project Activities. My job duties included preparation of work programme for construction activities, scheduling various activities at site and managing proper resources for their completion, and participating in progress meetings/client meetings amongst other duties. My exposure of working with some of the greatest minds in construction industry, and working at a state of the facility project in the heart of New Delhi, costing a whopping 777 Cr (CAD 140 million) led me to a progression in my career, and I joined MG Contractors on 8th April 2019. I am currently employed as a Planning Engineer on one of their projects in Kharar (Chandigarh). My prominent job duties at MG Contractors includes assisting the Planning Manager in planning and scheduling all major activities, managing the drawings and their approvals for the whole project, amongst many other roles and responsibilities.
Why Project Management

As far as my conscious can recall, I have seen my father working as a Project Manager, overlooking and managing some of the eminent construction projects of the nation. While working in this corporate sector, I realized the significance of project management and managerial skills to grow in any industry. Most of the organizations today are hiring the professionals who just not have technical knowledge but also have management skills too. While working with construction companies I have observed that success of construction project is simply dependent on skills of the project manager. As efficient planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure are the keys to make any construction project successful. This gave me a strong sense of realisation that I still need to hone my skills, because the higher designation requires a set of skill-set to manage complex projects and teams on a large scale. Moreover, during my research on the subject, I came to know that, in order to become a Project Manager one needs to take up certification exams like CAPM and PMP, for which there are some pre-requisite skills and knowledge the applicant needs to acquire, which include Project Planning, Stakeholder management, Project scheduling etc. To procure the knowledge in these fields, the most appropriate channel is to pursue a Post-Graduation course in Project Management from Conestoga College in Canada.

Why Conestoga College

Based on my previous academics, work experience and IELTS scores where I scored 8.0 overall bands; I applied for full time one year Ontario College Graduate Certificate (Post-Graduate) in Project Management from Conestoga College, Canada, May’2020 intake. I have decided to take up a specialized course in aforementioned program because I have an academic background in civil engineering and work exposure in construction industry. I chose Conestoga College for my higher studies because it is a world renowned institution offering a variety of programs that are realistic providing hands-on learning experiences and prepare students for global workplace. The college is one of the highly esteemed colleges of Canada. Its cross-curricular approach towards imparting knowledge challenges its students to develop a creative and critical thinking facilitating new ideas, innovation, risk-taking and experimentation in the students. The curriculum of the Project Management program at Conestoga prepares the students to write the CAPM and PMP examination. With courses like Agile Project management, Stakeholder Management, Project Planning and Project leadership, this program will prepare me and make me industry ready for a Project Manager/ Analyst role. Moreover, the program at Conestoga College will be delivered using a variety of methods, including traditional project management techniques, case studies, guest lecturers as well as capstone projects wherein I will get hands on practical experience managing the projects.

Future Prospects

Gaining an international exposure will surely increase my employment prospects back in India as I will possess a distinct subject knowledge, competitive skill-set, global exposure, strong inter-personal skills. To bolster my decision, according to a newspaper report, India will require 70 lakh new project managers by 2027, making India the most sought after destination for Project Management related employment. To further strengthen this fact, according to the PMI talent gap analysis, by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management oriented roles, out of which India and China will represent more than 75 percent of the total employment. The biggest purpose that would be served through this program is that, it not only enhances the factor of my employability but also diversifies my scope of opportunities to work with various industries like Tata Group, Lanco Infratech, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Hindustan Construction Company, Gammon etc., to secure a role of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Analyst or Team Leader in one of the top construction companies in India.

Financial Ability and Conclusion

As far as my financial capacity to successfully finish my study tenure at Canada is concerned, I would like to assure you that I belong to a financial sound family. I have already paid my full tuition fee CAD 16,157 and purchased GIC of CAD 10,000 in CIBC’s student GIC programme to cover my cost of living for my study duration. Also, my father is a Government service employee, generating an income of INR 15 lakh (CAD 30,000) and is very supportive of my decision to study in Canada. Apart from my career aspirations, I’m extremely close to my family, and since they are well settled in India, with assets and properties. I cannot imagine my life away from them in a distant land.

I assure you that I will do my absolute best to make the best of every opportunity offered to me throughout this course. In the light of the above, I request you to kindly consider my application and grant me student visa for the above mentioned program.

Thank You.

Reactions: EugineK and noe

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I am Anmol Sachdeva S/O Krishan Lal Sachdeva and I am 24 years old. I am an Indian National, residing in Mohali, India.

These words of wisdom written by my favorite Author, JK Rowling, are a perfect testimony of my decision to pursue Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management from Conestoga College, Kitchener. For my language proficiency, I prepared for IELTS exam and appeared in it on 16th Dec’ 2019, scoring an overall of 8.0 bands with 9.0 in listening, 7.5 in reading, 6.5 in writing and 8.5 in speaking. To demonstrate my knowledge in analytical writing, mathematics and vocabulary, I also took the GRE exam and scored 313/340 (V-155, Q-158).

I would take this felicitous opportunity to introduce myself as an ambitious, highly inquisitive and a compassionate individual. Hailing from a family of Civil Engineers where my father is a Project Director, overlooking Government funded Construction works for more than 30 years now, and my elder brother is a civil engineer himself, I was exposed to Construction projects across the Country, and typical construction related jargons from a very young age. My exposure to construction projects from a very young age, amalgamated with my curiosity and love for technology, persuaded me to study Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering (2013- 2017) from the well renowned Manipal University in Karnataka, which happens to be India’s top Private University. Apart from this, I was an active participant in various extracurricular activities and student clubs in the college. I was also an organizer for multiple Technical and Cultural events in the College.

Professional Experience

I started my professional career with India’s most prominent construction company, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) as an Engineer Trainee in New Delhi on 4th April 2018. Working in the Planning and Project handling department, I was responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring of the Project Activities. My job duties included preparation of work programme for construction activities, scheduling various activities at site and managing proper resources for their completion, and participating in progress meetings/client meetings amongst other duties. My exposure of working with some of the greatest minds in construction industry, and working at a state of the facility project in the heart of New Delhi, costing a whopping 777 Cr (CAD 140 million) led me to a progression in my career, and I joined MG Contractors on 8th April 2019. I am currently employed as a Planning Engineer on one of their projects in Kharar (Chandigarh). My prominent job duties at MG Contractors includes assisting the Planning Manager in planning and scheduling all major activities, managing the drawings and their approvals for the whole project, amongst many other roles and responsibilities.
Why Project Management

As far as my conscious can recall, I have seen my father working as a Project Manager, overlooking and managing some of the eminent construction projects of the nation. While working in this corporate sector, I realized the significance of project management and managerial skills to grow in any industry. Most of the organizations today are hiring the professionals who just not have technical knowledge but also have management skills too. While working with construction companies I have observed that success of construction project is simply dependent on skills of the project manager. As efficient planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure are the keys to make any construction project successful. This gave me a strong sense of realisation that I still need to hone my skills, because the higher designation requires a set of skill-set to manage complex projects and teams on a large scale. Moreover, during my research on the subject, I came to know that, in order to become a Project Manager one needs to take up certification exams like CAPM and PMP, for which there are some pre-requisite skills and knowledge the applicant needs to acquire, which include Project Planning, Stakeholder management, Project scheduling etc. To procure the knowledge in these fields, the most appropriate channel is to pursue a Post-Graduation course in Project Management from Conestoga College in Canada.

Why Conestoga College

Based on my previous academics, work experience and IELTS scores where I scored 8.0 overall bands; I applied for full time one year Ontario College Graduate Certificate (Post-Graduate) in Project Management from Conestoga College, Canada, May’2020 intake. I have decided to take up a specialized course in aforementioned program because I have an academic background in civil engineering and work exposure in construction industry. I chose Conestoga College for my higher studies because it is a world renowned institution offering a variety of programs that are realistic providing hands-on learning experiences and prepare students for global workplace. The college is one of the highly esteemed colleges of Canada. Its cross-curricular approach towards imparting knowledge challenges its students to develop a creative and critical thinking facilitating new ideas, innovation, risk-taking and experimentation in the students. The curriculum of the Project Management program at Conestoga prepares the students to write the CAPM and PMP examination. With courses like Agile Project management, Stakeholder Management, Project Planning and Project leadership, this program will prepare me and make me industry ready for a Project Manager/ Analyst role. Moreover, the program at Conestoga College will be delivered using a variety of methods, including traditional project management techniques, case studies, guest lecturers as well as capstone projects wherein I will get hands on practical experience managing the projects.

Future Prospects

Gaining an international exposure will surely increase my employment prospects back in India as I will possess a distinct subject knowledge, competitive skill-set, global exposure, strong inter-personal skills. To bolster my decision, according to a newspaper report, India will require 70 lakh new project managers by 2027, making India the most sought after destination for Project Management related employment. To further strengthen this fact, according to the PMI talent gap analysis, by 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management oriented roles, out of which India and China will represent more than 75 percent of the total employment. The biggest purpose that would be served through this program is that, it not only enhances the factor of my employability but also diversifies my scope of opportunities to work with various industries like Tata Group, Lanco Infratech, Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Hindustan Construction Company, Gammon etc., to secure a role of a Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Analyst or Team Leader in one of the top construction companies in India.

As far as my financial capacity to successfully finish my study tenure at Canada is concerned, I would like to assure you that I belong to a financial sound family. I have already paid my full tuition fee CAD 16,157 and purchased GIC of CAD 10,000 in CIBC’s student GIC programme to cover my cost of living for my study duration. Also, my father is a Government service employee, generating an income of INR 15 lakh (CAD 30,000) and is very supportive of my decision to study in Canada. Apart from my career aspirations, I’m extremely close to my family, and since they are well settled in India, with assets and properties. I cannot imagine my life away from them in a distant land.

I assure you that I will do my absolute best to make the best of every opportunity offered to me throughout this course. In the light of the above, I request you to kindly consider my application and grant me student visa for the above mentioned program.

Thank You.

Woooh okay. This is my opinion, not sure about other people. To me, it is very wordy and you focus too much about the company and less about the reason coming to Canada. On future aspect, you can keep it But the rest, try to read as if you are Visa Officer with so much application ahead of you to view, then make some changes.

Reactions: noe

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Way too long.

Ditch the quote and the big words. Shorten it to key points.

Reactions: Muj

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Woooh okay. This is my opinion, not sure about other people. To me, it is very wordy and you focus too much about the company and less about the reason coming to Canada. On future aspect, you can keep it But the rest, try to read as if you are Visa Officer with so much application ahead of you to view, then make some changes.
In retrospect, even i think that i did not justify "why Canada" properly and could have given some solid reasons. Do you think this could be the reason for the rejection?

Also, any other suggestions/feedback on the SOP? And and should i wait for the CAIPS notes or should i refile with a better SOP?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Too lengthy to read. Cut down on unwanted information.

Professional Experience

Why Project Management

Why Conestoga College

Future Prospects

Thank You.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
In retrospect, even i think that i did not justify "why Canada" properly and could have given some solid reasons. Do you think this could be the reason for the rejection?

Also, any other suggestions/feedback on the SOP? And and should i wait for the CAIPS notes or should i refile with a better SOP?
Probably, The VO might have seen too much about company hence creating purpose of visit rejection since he wasn't clear why Canada

You can wait if you want a clear reason for your rejected which might boost your chance to get a visa next attempt, or you can adjust your SOP and try your luck.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sure Thank you :)
Any other suggestions/feedback?
Should i add some additional docs and do you reccomend to wait for the CAIPS?
Far too long , wordy . As they used too say on Dragnet, when Joe Friday was interviewing a witness
“ Just the facts ma’am, just the facts “
....and that can be applied really to any application

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Probably, The VO might have seen too much about company hence creating purpose of visit rejection since he wasn't clear why Canada

You can wait if you want a clear reason for your rejected which might boost your chance to get a visa next attempt, or you can adjust your SOP and try your luck.
Is the probability/chance of getting the visa in the 2nd/3rd attempt the same as in the first attempt? Or the odds keep going against us?