+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help!!!!!! Very tensed

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
Hi,
I am the first time user. First of all thanks for this service guys. You ROCK!!!

I have a very general but important query for those who are going for 1yr pg certificate program in Canada. I also have applied for IB(International business Management) for 1yr which usually a 8months certificate program, starts from Jan2012 till August2012. I don't know after that i will get 1yr PGWP or 8 or 9 or 10 months....but i am sure that will not get more than 1 yr. Now please suggest ways through which i can get PR there. I have my maternal uncle in Toronto. I am also going for my studies in Toronto.

Please suggest!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shikari said:
Hi,
I am the first time user. First of all thanks for this service guys. You ROCK!!!

I have a very general but important query for those who are going for 1yr pg certificate program in Canada. I also have applied for IB(International business Management) for 1yr which usually a 8months certificate program, starts from Jan2012 till August2012. I don't know after that i will get 1yr PGWP or 8 or 9 or 10 months....but i am sure that will not get more than 1 yr. Now please suggest ways through which i can get PR there. I have my maternal uncle in Toronto. I am also going for my studies in Toronto.

Please suggest!
8 month course, then maximum of 8 month PGWP. So you would have to find an employer who is willing to obtain an LMO for you and then you would require a work permit to qualify under CEC.

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks for your reply....

1. Ok so if i find an employer during my work permit who is ready to file my LMO. Then is there any chances (may/maynot) to get positive LMO during PGWP or if employer files LMO then we will definately get Positive LMO.

2. What i the best time to file LMO?

3. If we get positive LMO then how to get regular work permit?

4. Once we get regular work permit that will be its duration so that we will be eligible under CEC and also is regular work permit is further extendable?

Thanks

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
Hey Shikari, I have got admission in IB in George Brown College St. James Campus and i got 8 months visa i.e till 31 August,2011.
And my agent said that i will get 8 months PGWP.
can you tell me what is LMO :-/

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
Hi ragz306

Congrats that you got your Visa.

Now as far as LMO is concerned....this is something which you need if you want to get settle there after 8 months study.

I also asked some more queries to experts.....see above....i am waiting for their reply.

Thanks

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
Thank You Shikari.
What is the full form of LMO?
and your IBM course is also of 8 Months.Have you also applied for GBC?
And we will get the PGWP at the immigration office when we reach canada...right?

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
LMO: Labour Market opinion

As per my knowledge Colleges will also help you in getting PGWP. Its an online process now.

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks for your reply PMM....

1. Ok so if i find an employer during my work permit who is ready to file my LMO. Then is there any chances (may/maynot) to get positive LMO during PGWP or if employer files LMO then we will definately get Positive LMO.

4. Once we get regular work permit that will be its duration so that we will be eligible under CEC and also is regular work permit is further extendable?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Shikari said:
Thanks for your reply PMM....

Yes there is a very good chance that the LMO won't be approved.

The employer should apply at least 4 months prior to your status expiring.

You apply to Vegreville.

Depends on how long the work permit is valid. If it is for a year, you would require a new LMO and extended work permit. Note the job has to be NOC A, B, or O.

Thanks

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
please see the saskatchewan PNP program, its much more easier than going through the federal hassle...More than that it doesnt require you to work in a NOC A B or O job.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
This thread was really helpful. Thanks for the valuable input PMM and Icecool222

@ shikari n ragz, u can check out more about LMO here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

and about 0, A, B kind of jobs, various skill levels and further information regarding the same topic here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/list-of-noc-skills-level-0-a-and-b-t24274.0.html

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
Hi PMM,

So you are saying that there is a very good chance that the LMO won't be approved.????? :-O If yes then could you please tell me the reason?

I read this everywhere that it can be easily approved if employer want me as permanent employee.Please suggest me ways to make sure positive LMO.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shikari said:
Hi PMM,

So you are saying that there is a very good chance that the LMO won't be approved.????? :-O If yes then could you please tell me the reason?

I read this everywhere that it can be easily approved if employer want me as permanent employee.Please suggest me ways to make sure positive LMO.

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Hi,

First ask yourself, why would an employer apply for LMO for you when there are thousands and thousands of well qualified Canadians and landed immigrants.

You may get a +ve LMO, if your job comes under "Occupation under pressure" list. And there are no suitable/qualified Canadian or landed immigrant to fill it up.

Comrade

Nov 1, 2011
Hello PMM.

I have also 1 year study permit and 1 year work permit...

Thank you for sharing awareness about workpermit

My real sister is P.R. in Toronto

Can this thing help me by any means ?

Or i have to move Saskatchewan .. as very last option ?

Shikari

Nov 3, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

First ask yourself, why would an employer apply for LMO for you when there are thousands and thousands of well qualified Canadians and landed immigrants.

You may get a +ve LMO, if your job comes under "Occupation under pressure" list. And there are no suitable/qualified Canadian or landed immigrant to fill it up.
Thanks for your reply ENFIELD but i think you did not read my previous log. I said i am going on study visa and if after that i got a job during my PGWP and then if employer wants me to be as his permanent employee then can i get positive LMO or not?? i know if you are not there then it is difficult to get positive LMO!!

Thanks