+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! URGENT! Re-entry with work permit?

a03403

Dec 7, 2013
Hi,
I and my husband just got married and planning to go back to HK for the wedding party.
I am a citizen and he is working here with his work permit and won't expire until the end of 2014.
If we are leaving the country for a month, will he be able to re-enter since it said "this does not authorize re-entry" at the bottom of the work permit?
I heart someone said that you can ask your boss to write you a letter to prove that you are still working in that company after the vacation.
However, my husband is self-employed.
Is there anything we have to bring or to do before leaving Canada?

Please help! Thank you.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
a03403 said:
Hi,
I and my husband just got married and planning to go back to HK for the wedding party.
I am a citizen and he is working here with his work permit and won't expire until the end of 2014.
If we are leaving the country for a month, will he be able to re-enter since it said "this does not authorize re-entry" at the bottom of the work permit?
I heart someone said that you can ask your boss to write you a letter to prove that you are still working in that company after the vacation.

Please help! Thank you.
If your husband has a valid multiple entry VISA, then you are good... if not, you will have to apply for TRV AGAIN.

Good luck...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BigBee said:
If your husband has a valid multiple entry VISA, then you are good... if not, you will have to apply for TRV AGAIN.

Good luck...
Why would he be good? The US visa doesn't do him any good if he travels anywhere outside Canada, except for the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon. Border officers aren't stupid. his passport would show that he traveled outside the US.

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
a03403 said:
Hi,

Please help! Thank you.
Foremost, the work permit does not allow entry to CANADA it is A PERMIT TO WORK - you will need TRV.
TRV will only be granted if CIC believes you have a reason to enter Canada (e.g. You hold a valid work permit or You have an invitation letter, etc).
In short, you need to apply for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) before you leave Canada