+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help urgent question out of status for 9 months ,approval in principle

luckyboy1080

Oct 30, 2013
Hi,
I have an urgent questions:
1)I have been out of status for almost 9 months( study permit expired July 2015), I received my approval in principle yesterday for In land Spopousal sponsorship application? May I apply for the Open Work Permit( under the public policy)? May I apply online? or where to mail the application?
2)Do I need to apply for restoration of status(I dont think I need because I have been out of status for over 90 days)
Thank you so much. I really really appreciate any feedback.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
I will assume that the PR application was sent while you still had status.
Did your AIP letter invite you to apply for an Open Work Permit or a study permit, or both (it should say so)? Apply for it. I think you need to do this on paper as the CIC online application will kick you out for being out of status for over 90 days. And I believe this needs to go to Vegreville. If you included the OWP app with the PR application you could have sent it as one package to CPC-M. You can't apply for restoration of status at the point.

The info you seek is here in the following guide (google it, I can't post links):
Guide 5553 - Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada - Worker

Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Fee according to the table is $155 plus a $100 'Open Work Permit Holder Fee'

If you are from a country which requires a visa to enter Canada and you want to travel out of Canada, you will also need to get a Temporary Resident Visa once you receive the OWP. Or of course you always have the option of not leaving Canada until the entire process is complete and you have a PR card in-hand.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Because you have gotten AIP your current status is not relevent. You will need to mail in a paper application. Hereis the link to the relevent application