+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help- urgent PCC issue

lincy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Can you help me out
Just wanted to know what is the authenticity of this link as it was on Canada visa. Regarding police certification.

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html?site=tw&cat=org

Prior to this update, an applicant was required to submit a police certificate from any country or territory where they had resided for a total of six months. This meant that an applicant who spent two months in a country, left and then returned to that same country a few years later for four months was required to provide a police certificate from that country.

An applicant is now only required to submit a police certificate for a country in which they have resided for six months in a row or longer.

My husband has been to indonesia from 2010 to 2016 for a period of 290 days but the stay has never exceeded the period of 30 days . He has never stayed consecutively for 6 months. So are we spared from the Indonesian PCC?

Please hElp

smart_eagle

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Can you help me out
Just wanted to know what is the authenticity of this link as it was on Canada visa. Regarding police certification.

https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html?site=tw&cat=org

Prior to this update, an applicant was required to submit a police certificate from any country or territory where they had resided for a total of six months. This meant that an applicant who spent two months in a country, left and then returned to that same country a few years later for four months was required to provide a police certificate from that country.

An applicant is now only required to submit a police certificate for a country in which they have resided for six months in a row or longer.

My husband has been to indonesia from 2010 to 2016 for a period of 290 days but the stay has never exceeded the period of 30 days . He has never stayed consecutively for 6 months. So are we spared from the Indonesian PCC?

Please hElp
Ignore. He will need a PCC. IRCC counts all days cumulatively irrespective of how much of it was consecutive. If cumulative total exceeds 6 months, you need a PCC

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Can you help me out

Please hElp
From what @Nobatia said and what has been updated on the CIC website, you do not have to submit a PCC from Indonesia.

Engineer87

Feb 12, 2018
W
Where
Where is the update mentioned. In the aforementioned link it is shown six months in a row.. on the same page if you enter where it tells invited to apply, they tell six months in total..Which is right?

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
W

Where

Where is the update mentioned. In the aforementioned link it is shown six months in a row.. on the same page if you enter where it tells invited to apply, they tell six months in total..Which is right?
I'm guessing the page for 'Invited to Apply' has outdated info which IRCC didn't get around to updating yet, as it's last date modified is 2017-07-17. While the page I linked is the more recent one (2018-02-27).